The Edna Maynard Gott Memorial LibraryDo you need volunteer hours? Do you have a
knack for organizing? Have you ever wondered what
it's like to work with a collection for a Lending Library?
If your answer is yes to any one of these questions, the
Women's Studies Program needs your help. Volunteers are needed
to assist with unpacking, organizing and cataloging the collection
for easy onsite access and our online web-based search system.
This is an ongoing project and begins as soon as possible. Estimated
timeline of completion is three (3) weeks. You will work in the
Women’s Studies office located in DOAK Hall (behind the Human
Science Bldg) in room 123.
The Coordinator will work with you and your schedule to arrange your
work hours. Hours are flexible but must be fulfilled during a
Monday-Friday 8:00 am – 5:00 pm time frame. This opportunity is
highly beneficial to those in need of building their resume. We will
work with you, even if you can only provide us an hour of your day.
You do not have to commit to the entire length of the project
time-line and there is not a limit to the amount of time you spend
Volunteer responsibilities will include
• Offering clerical/administrative assistance to the
Coordinator as it relates to the library
• Unpacking/Organizing books and media materials
• Update collection spreadsheet
• Able to lift 25 lbs or less
• Four hours per week preferred
• Basic computer and data entry skills are necessary
• Attention to detail
• Ability to be a self-starter and be self-directed
• Recognition in the Women’s Studies Newsletter
• Recognition in the Women’s Studies Leadership Report
• Knowing you made an impact on the future use of the Lending Library Volunteer
• Send cover letter explaining your interest in volunteering for this position by
email to Tricia Earl, Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org