Women's Studies and Master's Degrees
What do we offer?
The Women's & Gender Studies does not currently offer an MA degree, but:
- With the approval of major department and the Women's & Gender Studies Advisor, Women's Studies courses may be approved as coursework toward either the major field of the Masters Program or as a minor field (2-3 courses outside the major field, as approved by the Department Chair or Graduate Advisor in the major field/department.
- Faculty affiliated with the Women's & Gender Studies may serve on Master's thesis advisory committees, as appointed by the Dean of the Graduate School.
- Graduate Courses (See TTU Catalog)
Requirements include these courses:
- WS 5360 Foundations of Women's Studies
- WS 5310 Feminist Thought and Theories
Requirements also can include electives approved by the Advisor of the Women's & Gender Studies. These electives may include but are not limited to:
*WS 5000 Practicum in Women's Studies
*WS 5300 Directed Studies
*WS 5340 Special Topics in Women's Studies
* Other electives:Women's Studies Graduate Courses
* Note: With approval by the Graduate Advisor of the Women's & Gender Studies.
Contact the Director Charlotte Dunham, Ph.D., Associate Professor, Department of Sociology, Anthropology, & Social Work, to discuss your plan of action when registering for courses.