Women's Studies and Master's Degrees
What do we offer?
The Women's Studies Program does not currently offer an MA degree, but:
- With the approval of major department and the Women's Studies Program Advisor, Women's Studies courses may be approved as coursework toward either the major field of the Masters Program or as a minor field (2-3 courses outside the major field, as approved by the Department Chair or Graduate Advisor in the major field/department.
- Faculty affiliated with the Women's Studies Program may serve on Master's thesis advisory committees, as appointed by the Dean of the Graduate School.
- Graduate Courses (See TTU Catalog)
Requirements include these courses:
- WS 5360 Foundations of Women's Studies
- WS 5310 Feminist Thought and Theories
Requirements also can include electives approved by the Advisor of the Women's Studies Program. These electives may include but are not limited to:
*WS 5000 Practicum in Women's Studies
*WS 5300 Directed Studies
*WS 5340 Special Topics in Women's Studies
* Other electives:Women's Studies Graduate Courses
* Note: With approval by the Graduate Advisor of the Women's Studies Program.
Contact the Director Charlotte Dunham, Ph.D., Associate Professor, Department of Sociology, Anthropology, & Social Work, to discuss your plan of action when registering for courses.