Degree Plan (New Student Undergrad or Graduate)
Overview - What is Women's Studies?
The Women's & Gender Studies is an interdisciplinary academic program that examines the cultural and social construction of gender, explores the history, experiences and contributions of women to society, and studies the influences of gender on the lives of women and men.
- To pursue an undergraduate minor in Women's Studies, you should first inform your major academic advisor, as there may be paperwork they need of you. In addition, the student should contact the undergraduate advisor, Tricia Earl, Unit Coordinator and Academic Advisor. Both your major academic advisor and the Women's Studies advisor will work with you to complete the process necessary to declare your minor.
- To pursue a graduate minor or certificate students should contact the Graduate School to learn how to apply. In addition, the student should make an appointment with the Women's & Gender Studies director, Dr. Charlotte Dunham.
Minor - 18 hrs
- Undergraduate/Graduate Catalog
- Raiderlink (Class Schedules, Log In, Calendars, etc.)
- Core Requirement
- Multicultural Requirement
- Big 12 W&GS Programs
Certificate 15 hrs
Minor 2 - 3 courses
- WS 5360- Foundations
- WS 5310- Feminist Thought & Theory
- Contact the Graduate School to apply
- Raiderlink - Class Schedules, Log In, Calendars, etc.