Undergrad Degree Plan (Transfer Student)
Although some students do not need a minor, students in other degree programs may seek a minor in Women's Studies by taking 18 hours of course work approved by an the Women's Studies advisor. A grade of C or better must be achieved in each course. The coursework is recommended to be taken in the order listed below:
- WS 2300: Introduction to Women's Studies
- WS 4310: Feminist Thought & Theory
- WS 4399: Women's Studies Seminar
- Choose at least three classes from the WS cross-listed curriculum.
- Course Descriptions (Official Publication Catalog)
- How do I enroll in "special approval" classes?
Curriculum Table for Minor (Undergraduate) in Women’s Studies - Curriculum Table / Undergrad Minor
- The Women's Studies Program is an interdisciplinary academic program that examines the cultural and social construction of gender, explores the history, experiences and contributions of women to society, and studies the influences of gender on the lives of women and men.
- Students may minor in Women’s Studies by completing 18 hrs of selected course work. Courses for the minor are finalized and approved in conjunction with the Women’s Studies advisor.
- All required courses must be completed with a grade of “C” or higher.
- Other WS courses may be substituted, if approved, by the Director of the Women’s Studies Program.
Transfer Policy *
Undergraduate students who have attended an accredited college beyond high school graduation and have been accepted for admission to Texas Tech can submit proof of course work (ex.a syllabus) for up to two (2) WS Courses. Transcripts must reflect credit of a "C" or above to be considered for approval by the Director of the Women's Studies Program.
* Pending transfer credit approval, the following curriculum table should be followed to receive credit for the minor.
All students are required to meet with the Women's Studies Academic Advisor, each semester prior to advance registration to review their degree progress, discuss schedule planning, and address any questions or concerns student may have in their educational experience.
Curriculum Table for Minor
Undergraduate in Women’s Studies - Curriculum Table / Undergrad Minor
Official Publications Home - Catalogs & Course Descriptions
There are *652 women’s and gender studies programs at community colleges, colleges,
and universities in the U.S.
* Source: NWSA
What can I do for this Minor?
- Connecting Majors/Minors with careers
- Career Guide
Catalogs & Course Descriptions
Special Approval Courses
TTU Student Community
- What are students saying about our program?
Special Approval Courses
- Prospective Undergraduates
- Undergraduate/Graduate Catalog
- Core Humanities Requirement
- Multicultural Requirement
- Big 12 W&GS Programs
- Undergraduate Advisor
- Graduate Advisor