How do I register for special approval courses?
Special Approval Courses
During registration, some WS prefix courses have a "special approval" attached to the course requiring the student to contact the WS office to be advised.WS prefix courses requiring a special approval are called "cross-listed" courses. This means that other departments already offer the same course, with the same instructor, on the same day and time with a different Course Number (CRN).
Why do we assign a special approval code?
The WS prefix for these courses are for students interested in minoring in Women's Studies. Advising students of the special approval process helps confirm if the student is interested in being a minor in our program or if they are only registering for a WS prefix course because the cross-listed class is full.
- In the past, WS prefix courses would become full of non-minor's while our minor's were left with minimal WS prefix course options to complete the minor.
- What does cross-listed mean?
- How can I get into the WS 2300 class if it is full?
- Who can I talk to about adding a WS class?
All WS 2300 (face-to-face) sections are open to all students. Our sections seem to fill up quickly. If a section is full and you are requesting an override, the policy is as follows:
- Students wishing to be granted an override in a face-to-face course will attend the first day of class (arriving 10 minutes early) to discuss the possibility of an override with the instructor face-to-face.
- We recommend students have a back up plan of another course in case you are not granted an override.
- Our WS 2300 course helps fulfill a CORE requirement, therefore the Provost may place a temporary restriction to Lubbock students.
- Students wishing to be granted an override in an online course will need to monitor Raiderlink to see if a seat becomes available.
FTF and Online
If you are currently a Minor in Women's Studies and you wish to register for a course with the special approval, you should contact the undergraduate advisor with the course information and your R # so that you can be approved to register for the course(s).
- Click here to view our list of cross-listed courses
See TTU Catalog for detail descriptions
There are *652 women's and gender studies programs at community colleges, colleges, and universities in the U.S.
* Source: NWSA
What can I do for this Minor?
- Connecting Majors/Minors with careers
- Career Guide
Catalogs & Course Descriptions
Special Approval Courses
TTU Student Community
- What are students saying about our program?
Raiderlink (Class Schedules, Log In, Calendars, etc.)
(Class Schedules, Log In, Calendars, etc.)