Davis College Junior Faculty Award
Criteria: Each department may submit a nomination to the Dean's Office. This annual award will be presented to a faculty who has been in a tenure track position at Texas Tech University for a minimum of four years, a maximum of seven years, and has not been promoted to Associate Professor. The award will be for excellence in innovative teaching activities, initiation of research/creative activities, and interaction with students. Required documents for this award include a copy of the nominee's vita, a support document from the chair/department (maximum of one page), and teaching evaluation form. The teaching evaluation form may be accessed on the Davis College website. The college recognition will take place at the Davis College fall faculty retreat. The award will be accompanied by a cash gift and a plaque.
Nomination: Nominations received from departmental faculty through the Chairs.
Timeline: Nominations due to Davis College Administrative Council in May. Selections made in June.
Presentation: Davis College Awards Banquet in August.
- 2021: Vinicius Machado, Assistant Professor, Department of Veterinary Sciences
- 2020: Nathan Hall, Department of Animal & Food Sciences
- 2019: Amy Boren Alpizar, Department of Agricultural Education & Communications
- 2018: Blake Grisham, Department of Natural Resources Management
- 2017: Scott Longing, Department of Plant & Soil Science
- 2016: Ryan Williams, Department of Agricultural & Applied Economics
- 2015: Jyotsna Sharma, Department of Plant & Soil Science
- 2014: Erica Irlbeck, Department of Agricultural Education & Communications
- 2013: Courtney Meyers, Department of Agricultural Education & Communications
- 2012: Jennifer Moore-Kucera, Department of Plant & Soil Science
- 2011: Gerald Henry, Department of Plant & Soil Science
- Davis College Teaching Award
- Davis College Research Award
- Davis College International Impact Award
- Davis College Junior Faculty Award
- Davis College Service/Outreach Award
- Davis College Student Advising Award
- Davis College Staff Award
- Davis College Instructor Award
- Davis College Research Staff Award
- Texas Tech University Alumni Association New Faculty Award
- President's Excellence in Teaching Award
Davis College of Agricultural Sciences & Natural Resources
AddressP.O. Box 42123, Lubbock, Texas 79409-2123, Dean’s Office Location: Goddard Building, Room 108