Apply to MILE
The application process for the third cohort of the MILE Program will open September 22, 2021. Students who meet the eligibility requirements can apply online at the link below. The deadline for applications is 5 p.m. CST on Friday, October 29, 2021. Completed applications will include the following:
- Submitted online application – resume and cover letters will be submitted online at the end of the application.
- Two recommendation forms submitted on behalf of the student – one personal recommendation and one campus recommendation
To be considered for the program, students must submit a completed online application, their resume, and a cover letter. Applicants will receive an email upon receipt of their submitted application.
The resume and cover letter should be submitted as attachments at the end of the online application. Resumes and cover letters should be submitted as PDF files. The applicant's last name should be included in the resume and cover letter PDF files. (Example: LSmithResume.PDF)
MILE applicants are required to have two recommendations: 1) a campus recommendation and 2) a personal recommendation. All recommendations will be kept confidential and will be used by the MILE Advisory Committee when evaluating applicants' qualifications. ALL recommendations must be completed by a non-family member of the applicant. Submission of a recommendation form by an applicant's family member or by someone claiming to be someone else will result in the applicant being disqualified from consideration for the MILE Program.
- Campus Recommendation - The recommender must be a Texas Tech University faculty or staff member familiar with the applicant's academic and professional skills.
- Personal Recommendation - The recommender should be someone familiar with the student's character, leadership potential, and professionalism.
It is the applicant's responsibility to ensure each form has been submitted on their behalf. Once the recommendation form has been successfully submitted and received, the recommender will receive a confirmation email.
- CASNR MILE
- Program Guidelines
- Advisory Committee & Supporters
- Program Overview
- Advisor Resources
- Cohort II 2020-2021
- Cohort I 2018-2019
- Program Support
- MILE Curriculum
- Apply to MILE
Dr. Lindsay Kennedy
MILE Program Director
Assistant Director of Development
Dr. Cindy Akers
College of Agricultural Sciences & Natural Resources
AddressP.O. Box 42123, Lubbock, Texas 79409-2123, Dean’s Office Location: Goddard Building, Room 108