AAEC’s Ryan Williams honored as 2019 Texas Tech Integrated Scholar
By: Norman Martin
An associate professor in Texas Tech University's Department of Agricultural and Applied Economics has been named a "2019 Integrated Scholar" by the university. Ryan Williams, who holds a joint appointment with Texas A&M AgriLife Research, is one of six faculty members from across the faculty to receive the prestigious annual honor.
Program officials note that the integrated scholar award indicates the faculty member not only demonstrates outstanding teaching, research and service, but also is able to generate synergy among the three functions. "These faculty members consistently promote active learning and infuse the results of their research and scholarship in courses and other learning experiences," said Texas Tech Provost and Senior Vice President Michael Galyean.
Williams received his bachelor's degree in economics from Emory University, and his master's degree in economics from North Carolina State University. His doctorate in economics is from Texas Tech. Honors for the California native include the Texas Tech College of Agricultural Sciences & Natural Resources' Junior Faculty Award (2016); CASNR Student Agricultural Council Outstanding Professor (2014); and the Texas Tech Agricultural Economics Association's Outstanding Faculty Member (2013).
Williams generally works in the fields of environmental and resource economics and the application of discrete choice methods. Areas of interest include the water-energy nexus, valuing environmental attributes, and understanding how consumers respond to eco-labeling.
Current CASNR faculty members who are Integrated Scholars include:
• Courtney Meyers (2018), an Associate Professor and Graduate Studies Coordinator with the Department of
Agricultural Education and Communications
• Noureddine Abidi (2017), Leidigh Professor with the Department of Plant and Soil Science and Managing Director of Texas Tech's Fiber and Biopolymer Research Institute
• Darren Hudson (2017), Professor and Combest Endowed Chair in Agricultural Competitiveness in the Department of Agricultural and Applied Economics
• Scott Burris (2016), Professor and Associate Department Chair with the Department of Agricultural Education and Communications;
• Peter Dotray (2015), Rockwell Chair of Weed Science in the Department of Plant and Soil Science; Joint Appointment with Texas A&M Agrilife Research & Extension Service
• Guy Loneragan (2012), Professor of Food Safety and Public Health in the in the Department of Animal and Food Sciences
• Cindy Akers (2011), Professor and Associate Dean for Academic and Student Programs with Texas Tech's College of Agricultural Sciences & Natural Resources
• Mindy Brashears (2009), Professor of Food Microbiology and Food Safety in the Department of Animal and Food Sciences; and director of Tech's International Center for Food Industry Excellence
CONTACT: William Brown, dean, College of Agricultural Sciences & Natural Resources, Texas Tech University, (806) 742-2808 or email@example.com
- Agricultural & Applied Economics
- Agricultural Education & Communications
- Animal & Food Sciences
- Landscape Architecture
- Natural Resources Management
- Plant & Soil Science
- Veterinary Science
Editor: Norman Martin
Maps: Where to Find It