Thursday, October 10th - SOA Satellite Gallery (1108 5th Street at Avenue J)
5:00-8:00 PM - Conference Registration
• Install Faculty art in Satellite Gallery; Student art in Studio Gallery D;
• Sign-up for Friday evening slide presentations;
• Sign-up for Saturday tours
Friday, October 11th - Louise Hopkins Underwood Center for the Arts Icehouse (511 Avenue J)
8:00-8:45 AM: Morning coffee service
8:45-9:00 AM: Welcome and Introductions
9:00-9:45 AM Presentations
• René West: "Low Tech/High Fun: Community Outreach through Pinhole Photography"
• Steve Goff: "Documentation of Public Art in Odessa, Texas"
9:45-10:00 AM: Coffee Break
10:00-10:45 AM: Jessica Just, Frank Hamrick, and Libby Rowe: "Every Picture Tells a Story"
11:00 AM -12:00 PM: Nydia Blas - Keynote Speaker (open to the public)
12:00-1:30 PM: Lunch at the Food Trucks at Charles Adams Studio Project (on your own)
1:30-2:15 PM: Rebecca Drolen and Meg Griffiths: "Mothering on the Tenure Track" 2:15-3:00 PM: Debora Hunter artist's talk: "Shooting Blanks at the NRA"
3:00-3:45 PM: SPE South Central Chapter Meeting (SPE members only)
3:45-4:45 PM: Lupita Murillo Tinnen - Keynote Speaker (open to the public)
5:00-6:30 PM Reception for LHUCA-CASP Campus Exhibitions
• SPE Regional Member Exhibition (SOA Satellite Gallery at CASP)
• Carmen Winant: Pictures of Women Working, curated by Ian Breidenback (LHUCA Martin MacDonald Gallery)
• SPE Regional Student Attendee Pushpin Show (CASP Studio D Gallery)
6:30-8:30 PM: Catered Dinner at CASP Courtyard (conference badges required)
9:00-11:00 PM: 5 (slides) x 5 (minute) slide presentations (MCM Elegante Room TBD)
Saturday, October 12th - Media & Communication Bldg, Room 075 (TTU Campus)
8:30-9:00 AM: Morning coffee service
9:00-9:30 AM: Announcements
9:30-10:15 AM: Jessica Mallios: "Lakes Were Rivers and Collective Practice"
10:15-10:30 AM: Coffee Break
10:30 AM-12:00 PM: Presentation Sessions
• Paul Trickle: "Being Gay in the Bible Belt"
• Gabi Magaly: "'Make Your Own Damn Food' and Other Things Mother Should Have Said to my Father"
• Julianne Clark: "Photography and Interdisciplinarity-Synthesizing Science, History and Art"
12:30-1:00 PM: Luncheon - Atrium, School of Theatre & Dance (conference badges required)
1:00-2:00 PM: Wendy Red Star - Keynote Speaker (Atrium, School of Theatre & Dance; open to the public)
2:00-4:30 PM: Tour Options - Meet at the Larry Kirkland "Headwaters" (hands) sculpture
• Tour of the Artist Printmaker/Photographer Research Collection (AP/RC) at the Museum of TTU
• Walking Tour of University Public Art Collection with Popwalk
• Demonstration of Biology microscopes (bring something less than one inch thick to photograph)
• Demonstration of eye-tracking lab in Media & Communication
• Demonstration of photographing explosions in Mechanical Engineering
• Student portfolio reviews (Art Conference Room 102)
4:30-5:30 PM: Panel Discussion: Delilah Montoya and artists in the Seeking Tongues exhibition (English Lecture Hall 001)
5:30-7:30 PM: Reception for School of Art exhibitions
• Seeking Tongues: Postcolonial Photographies Landmark Gallery
• Debora Hunter: Shooting Blanks at the NRA SRO Photo Gallery
• Expresión, celebración y amor: El día de los Muertos Studio Gallery
• SOA Photo Area Student Exhibition South Gallery
7:00-9:00 PM: Dinner on your own
9:00-11:00 PM: Open portfolio sharing , MCM Elegante individual rooms
Late Night: Reception at CO-Opt: Research + Projects Space (4202 Boston Avenue)