The Association of Biologists and the Department of Biological Sciences at Texas Tech University are pleased to announce the 8th Texas Tech Annual Biological Sciences Symposium (TTABSS).
This symposium was created to showcase the research performed in our region and to promote camaraderie and collaboration among our regional academic partners in all fields of biology.
SCHEDULE OF EVENTS:
Friday, April 7th, 2017
- 4:30 – 5:00 p.m.: Poster Set-up and Registration, Texas Tech University Museum (heavy hors d' oeuvres will be served)
- 5:00 – 5:15 p.m.: Welcoming by Dr. Guy Loneragan, Vice President for Research, TTU
- 5:30 – 6:30 p.m.: Plenary Talks, Dr. Matt Chumchal, Texas Christian University
- 6:30 – 8:30 p.m.: Poster Session, Judging and Vendor Show
- 8:30 – 9:00 p.m.: Poster Takedown
Saturday, April 8th, 2017
- 7:30 – 8:30 a.m.: Registration and Coffee, Texas Tech University Museum
- 8:15 – 8:30 a.m.: Welcoming by Dr. John Zak, Associate Dean for Research, College Arts and Sciences, TTU
- 8:30 – 10:00 a.m.: Presentations, Texas Tech University Museum
- 10:00 – 10:15 a.m.: Coffee Break
- 10:15 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.: Presentations, TTU Museum
- 12:30 – 1:30 p.m.: Lunch Break (No lunch is to be provided, however a guide to nearby restaurants will be provided)
- 1:30 – 3:00 p.m.: Presentations, Texas Tech University Museum
- 3:00 – 4:00 p.m.: Plenary Talks, Dr. Dan Riskin
- 4:00 – 5:00 p.m.: Self-Guided Tour of TTU Museum (optional)
- 6:00 – 9:00 p.m.: Awards Banquet and Dinner, TTU Museum
Abstract Deadline: MARCH 28TH, 2017
THE REGISTRATION FEE IS $25 UNTIL APRIL 7TH, 2017.