- Ph.D., Biology, University of Notre Dame (1989)
- B.S., Biology, St. Marys College of California (1977)
Research InterestsI am interested in the pedagogy of biology. I believe it important to challenge all students academically, but also to provide academic support where necessary. Currently, I am engaged in projects to assess the effectiveness of "active learning" teaching formats at increasing student mastery of biology and at decreasing student attrition from the general biology course for majors, as well as from the major itself.
- Sundberg, M.D. and M.L. Dini. 1993. Majors vs. nonmajors: Is there a difference? Journal of College Science Teaching 22: 299-304.
- Sundberg, M.D., M.L. Dini and E. Li. 1994. Decreasing course content improves student comprehension of science and attitudes towards science in freshman biology. Journal of Research in Science Teaching 31: 679-693.
- Sundberg, M.D. J. Armstrong, M. Dini and B. Wischusen. Tips for Designing and Implementing Investigative Laboratories [in press].
- Dini, Michael, 1995, 1996, 1997, 1998, 1999. Laboratory Manual for Biology I. Stipes Publishing Co., Champaign, IL, pp. 216.
- Dini, Michael, 1996, 1997, 1998, 1999. Laboratory Manual for Biology II. Stipes Publishing Co., Champaign, IL, pp. 251.