Meet Your Advisors
All students in Biological Sciences are assigned to an academic advisor by last name. Students are welcome and encouraged to schedule an appointment with their academic advisor on a regular basis not just when you have a registration hold.
Biology advising at Texas Tech is not about meeting as a roadblock to registering for classes, it is about making collaborative decisions with your advisor that will help you meet your educational goals. We see advising as a relationship with equal parts of responsibility and engage in productive discussions on achieving educational and career goals.
- Aug 27: Classes Begin
- Aug 30: Last day to add a course
- Sep 12: Last day to drop a course without academic penalty (wont count against your drops)
- Oct 29: Last day to drop a course with academic penalty (counts against drop limits)
- Nov 20: Last day to transfer between colleges
- Nov 30: Last day to withdraw from the university
- Dec 5: Last day of classes
- Dec 7-12: Final Exams
30 minute Appointments are made M-F from 9-11 and 1-4 To schedule an appointment login to strive.ttu.edu or email Biology.firstname.lastname@example.org include your R#, reason for appointment, and 3 options for available meeting times. Minors do not require an appointment.
These check list serve as a guide to allow students to ensure they are enrolled in the correct classes. If you are enrolled in a course that does not appear on your check list contact your Advisor.
2016 and prior
- Biology "Ecology & Environmental Specialization"
- Cell & Molecular Biology