COVID-19 Career Resources
Below is a collection of helpful information and links to assist you with your career
and professional development in a virtual environment.
Disclaimer – The resources below are not all endorsed by the University Career Center. Our goal is to provide you with as much information as possible to help you navigate a job or internship search during the COVID-19 pandemic. Some resources are crowd-sourced and it is possible that information is outdated or no longer applicable. Students should conduct their own due diligence to determine content validity. If you find something that is incorrect, please bring it to our attention by contacting Ashley Penner
University Career Center Resources
Texas Career Development Association Resources
The Texas Career Development Association in coordination with the Texas Tech University Career Center has created a list of resources for those seeking employment during and post COVID-19. View the list!
Job Boards/Websites Offering Remote Jobs or Internships
This listing contains job boards and websites dedicated to virtual/remote internship and job opportunities, as well as information and keyword search tips on how to find remote/virtual opportunities on traditional job board websites such as Indeed, Handshake, and Monster.
Information & Articles on Who's Hiring Now
- Candor: User-generated list of companies still hiring or freezing hiring
- Still Hiring: A curated list of stellar organizations that are #stillhiring.
- CareerEco: Connect with employers, grad schools, and other professional organizations through this virtual career fair platform.
- 500 Companies Hiring Students on Handshake Right Now (Handshake)
- Here's who's hiring right now (LinkedIn)
- Who is hiring during the coronavirus? Try these industries if you need a job now (Fast Company)
- Top 100 companies with remote jobs in 2022 (FlexJobs)
- 25+ best sites for finding remote work online in 2022 (Skillcrush)
- Five best places to find remote jobs (Workplaceless – blog)
- 19 best remote job boards in 2022 (Career Sidekick)
- 10 Jobs That Are Booming Right Now (The Balance Careers)
Job Search Information, Advice & Articles
- 6 Tips to Prepare for a Successful Video Interview (Purdue University Global)
- Graduating in the Age of COVID-19 Student Guidebook (The Washington Center)
- 4 Strategies for Nailing the Video Interview (Vault)
- Interviewing in the Time of Coronavirus (Vault)
- How To Job Search During The Coronavirus Pandemic (Glassdoor)
- Job Searching in a Pandemic (LinkedIn)
- Job Seeking During an Outbreak (LinkedIn)
- Is the coronavirus going to disrupt your job search? (LinkedIn)
- COVID-19 and Your Job: Tips and Actions to Consider (Indeed)
- How COVID-19 is impacting job seekers and hiring managers (TechRepublic)
- 6 Tips to Land a Job In A Virtual Work Environment (CareerShift)
- Coronavirus Is Transforming the Workforce: What You Should Know (The Balance Careers)
- How the Remote Hiring Process Works (The Balance Careers)
Professional Development, Resume Builders & Learning New Skills
Career Readiness Defined(NACE)
- Job Interview Questions is a free site used by more than a hundred universities and colleges across the country. Find interview questions specific to the position you are interviewing for based on the skills and qualities needed to do the job.
- LinkedIn Learning offers a free 30-day trial. Access hundreds of courses and learn new skills that employers look for such as Excel, Programming, Web Development, Graphic Design or even Photography.
- IBM Design Thinking is offering several free courses that you can take for free. Create your account and complete these courses to earn badges.
- Coursera streams video lectures from top instructors in subjects like business, computer science, data science, language learning, & more.
- Codecademy offers 180 hours of free content on topics such as coding, programming, data science and more!
- edX offers access to 2,000+ free courses from leading institutions such as Harvard and MIT. Learn about business, management, nutrition, chemistry, music and more!
- Skillshare offers thousands of free classes on topics such as photography, creative writing, web design, UX design, film, and animation.
- Duolingo is a free app that teaches you a new language – Est-ce que tu parles français?
General Tips & Information
If you are just starting your job or internship search, or if your previous job or internship has changed, here are some tips to help you interact with recruiters or employer representatives:
- Reach out to recruiters/hiring managers to check-in but be patient if they don't have an answer yet
- Prepare in advance to use virtual platforms for interviews or work-related tasks
- Emphasize your adaptability
- Have perspective – employers are also adapting to a rapidly changing workplace
- Consider micro-internship or project opportunities as alternatives if your internship is canceled
Current students, log in to Raider Success Hub to schedule an appointment online.
Alumni, call our front desk (806-742-2210) to schedule your appointment.
The University Career Center encourages persons with disabilities to participate in our programs and activities. If you anticipate needing any type of accommodation or have questions about accessibility, please call 806-742-2210 in advance of your participation or visit.
Are you starting a full-time job? Have you been accepted into graduate school? Are you still deciding? The University Career Center (UCC) wants to know your post-grad plans! Report your Outcome!
Raider Success Hub
Hire Red Raiders
Get connected on Hire Red Raiders!
- Register for events and career fairs
- Search for jobs and internships
- View our resource library
- Find on-campus employment opportunities
UCC Contact Info
Phone: (806) 742-2210
Connect with Us!