9Who are the Involvement Ambassadors?
The Involvement Ambassadors are key student leaders who are selected to support a specific area in increasing involvement opportunities for Texas Tech students. Involvement Ambassadors will each be assigned to one of these areas: Student Organization Promotion, New Organization Development, Co-Curricular Promotions and Training, Conference Organization, Leadership On Demand Development & Facilitation, Service Hour Tracking & Management, Community Agency Communication. The Involvement Ambassadors will enhance student engagement through consultations, promotion, education, and providing involvement opportunities. The work that Involvement Ambassadors do is done out of a desire to see more student involvement at Texas Tech University.
Qualifications for Involvement Ambassadors:
- Must be enrolled as a full-time student at TTU (Undergradaute-12 credit hours and/or Graduate 9 credit hours)
- Minimum 2.5 cumulative GPA
- Available for Involvement Ambassador Trainings
- Available for bi-monthly meetings
- Available to serve 2-4 hours a week in the office.
- Based on completion of program requirements and expectations, upon semesterly evaluation, Ambassadors will receive a scholarship stipend at the end of two consecutive semesters of $1,000 ($500 per semster).
Preferred Qualities of Involvement Ambassadors
- The desire to serve Texas Tech University and it's students
- Public speaking experience
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills
- Basic understanding of TechConnect (or an interest in learning)
- Interest in supporting Student Organizations
- Leadership experience
- Opportunity to develop professional and personal relationships with faculty, staff, and students
- Understanding of campus resources, procedures, & event planning
- Community Service Hours
- Student Involvement gear (t-shirt, tumbler, & backpack)
- Professional reference or letter of recommendation
- All interested, qualified students should complete the application through TechConnect. You will be contacted afterward if you have been selected for an interview. If you have been selected, you will then be asked to schedule your interview.
- Involvement Ambassador Interviews: TBA
- Involvement Ambassador selections announcement: TBA
- Involvement Ambassadors Leadership Training: TBA