Summer Dance Intensive
The Texas Tech Pom Squad will be hosting their annual Summer Intensive on July 21, 2021. Participants can choose to attend face-to-face or can purchase the material after the fact if unable to attend. This intensive is designed to enhance technical understanding, as well as learn two fun routines that can be performed on the field or the court. The intensive will be taught by the 2021-2022 Texas Tech Pom Squad, Head Coach Erin Alvarado, and Assistant Coach Holly Skillings.
Summer Intensive Information:
- Dancers will have option to train in flexibility/tricks, turns, and leaps/jumps.
- Style routines will be taught in Jazz, Hip Hop, and Pom.
- There will be one master class offered to ALL dancers.
- This intensive will be held on the Texas Tech University campus, at the Student Rec Center.
- $100 per dancer for IN-PERSON instruction
- $125 per dancer for VIRTUAL instruction (via zoom)
- All payments can be paid in person via check/cash or paid online prior to event.
- Intensive T-Shirt will be included with the intensive price (for in-person participants
Summer Intensive Tentative Schedule
- 8:00-8:45am – Check-In
- 8:45-9:00am – Welcome & Introductions
- 9:00-9:30am – Warm-Up
- 9:30-11:00am – Class 1
- Options of Jazz 1, Hip Hop 1, or Pom 1
- 11:00-Noon – Technique Breakout Sessions
- Options of Turns, Leaps/Jumps, Flexibility/Tricks
- Noon-1:30pm – Lunch Break
- 1:30-2:00pm – Warm-Up
- 2:00-3:30pm – Class 2
- Options of Jazz 2, Hip Hop 2, or Pom 2
- 3:30-3:45pm – Review Class 1
- 3:45-4:00pm – Review Class 2
- 4:00-4:30pm – Showcase of Class Material
- 4:30-5:00pm – Q&A and Photo Session
Follow Tech Pom
Frequently Asked Questions
Answers are Here!
Pom Squad Program Benefits
- Scholarship Opportunities
- Uniform & Accessories Paid
- Academic Tutoring
- Meal Plan
- National Competition
- Athletic Trainer & Team Doctor
- Strength & Conditioning Program
- Dance for a Big 12 Conference School
- Supportive Alumni
- Eyelash Extension Services
- Tanning & Skin Care Sponsor
- Additional Benefits