Declaring CR or NC
Given the current circumstances, TTU has decided that you will have the option of declaring a CR (Credit)/NC (No Credit) grade for some, or all, of your courses this semester. THIS IS A VERY SERIOUS DECISION ON YOUR PART, AND IT IS REQUIRED THAT YOU VISIT WITH YOUR MAJOR ADVISOR BEFORE TAKING THIS STEP. PLEASE SEE BELOW FOR A SERIES OF STATEMENTS THAT YOU NEED TO CONSIDER PRIOR TO MAKING THIS DETERMINATION. THE DEPARTMENTAL ADVISOR WILL BE THE PERSON WHO WILL SUBMIT THIS REQUEST ON YOUR BEHALF.
PLEASE PAY CLOSE ATTENTION TO THE INFORMATION BELOW, AND REACH OUT TO YOUR ADVISOR IF YOU HAVE FURTHER QUESTIONS.
POINTS OF CONSIDERATION
- THE DECISION TO CHANGE FROM A LETTER GRADE TO A CR/NC GRADE IS FINAL. IT IS IMPERATIVE THAT YOU DISCUSS ALL POSSIBLE RAMIFICATIONS WITH YOUR DEPARTMENTAL ADVISOR PRIOR TO MAKING THIS DECISION. AGAIN, ONCE YOU CHOOSE A CR/NC GRADE, THERE IS NO GOING BACK TO THE ORIGINAL LETTER GRADE.
- A CR is not the same thing as a pass (P). A grade of CR means you earned a C- or better. Pass is equivalent to a D or better.
- Grades of CR/NC CANNOT be requested prior to when final grades post.
- GRADUATING SENIORS MUST REQUEST CR/NC DESIGNATION BY NOON (12:00pm) ON MAY 15TH. All other students must request CR/NC by 5:00pm on May 20th.
- You are permitted to use CR for grade replacement. Obviously, an NC will not replace your previous grade. See your departmental advisor for more information.
- If you had previously chosen to take a class P/F, you can rescind that and take the CR/NC designation. If you wish to do this, YOU MUST LET US KNOW BY MAY 1ST.
- A grade of CR will permit you to take a subsequent class which required a grade of B or better for the prerequisite. For example, if you are taking SPAN1507, a grade of CR will allow you to move on to SPAN2607 (which required a grade of A or B in 1507 in order to enroll).
- TTU cannot guarantee that a professional/graduate school will accept grades of CR/NC. IF THIS IS A CONSIDERATION, IT IS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY TO CONTACT THE GRADUATE/PROFESSIONAL SCHOOL THAT YOU INTEND TO ATTEND IN ORDER TO GET THIS INFORMATION.
- Your transcript will include a notation that explains what grades of CR/NC mean.
- Students who select grades of CR/NC are still eligible for Dean's and President's Lists.
- If a student receives a grade of incomplete for a class this term, he/she will be eligible to select a grade of CR/NC at a later time.
- If you are an athlete, it is imperative that you discuss your decision to select a grade of CR/NC with your specific departmental and athletic advisors.
- Academic standing for this term will be calculated using standard practices. If you think that you will be earning a grade of D or F in a class (or more than one class) this term, it is imperative that you discuss the ramifications of this to your academic standing with your departmental advisor.
Classical & Modern Languages & Literatures
AddressCMLL Building, 2906 18th St, Lubbock, TX 79409