eGIRL - Engineering: Get Into Real Learning
Application Deadline Extended
to May 15!
Now Accepting Applications for Summer 2018
We are excited to welcome you to the Texas Tech Whitacre College of Engineering! This camp will provide an opportunity to spend a week as a Texas Tech Engineering student. You will be introduced to engineering concepts and gain experience with classroom lectures, hands-on group projects, and campus life. Your day will be structured as a current engineering student. We will also highlight campus resources such as admission requirements, financial aid, student support, and many more. You will reside in a residence hall on campus for the week to bring your campus experience full-circle.
This week will bring you firsthand insight to the world of engineering and Texas Tech University
Who Should Apply?
This camp is targeted to female high school juniors and seniors with an interest in pursuing a career in engineering.
- You must be entering 2018-2019 as a Junior or Senior in high school. Sophmores are encouraged to apply, but priority will be given to Juniors and Seniors.
- Mail or email the following documents by Monday, April 23, 2018.
- Your completed application.
- Two recommendation forms from a counselor, teacher, school administrator, or employer
- A one page (typed, double spaced) essay introducing yourself, expressing your interest in engineering, and why you would like to pursue a career in engineering
Participants will be chosen based on their transcript, recommendation letters, and essay. Accepted applicants will be notified by mail by May 1, 2019 or upon acceptance, you will need to send additional documentation and a check or money order for the $300 camp fee to the address below
- USPS: Whitacre College of Engineering c/o Jamie Perez, eGIRL, Box 43103 Lubbock, TX 79409-3103
Take a look at the Frequently Asked Questions page for more information about this camp in Lubbock, TX..
Overview of the Week
Dates and Location
Sunday, June 24 – Friday June 29, 2018
Texas Tech University in Lubbock, Texas
Registration for eGIRL camp opens February 2018.
Check in to residence halls, campus tours, and welcome dinner.
Monday - Thursday
Morning lectures on engineering concepts, seminars on admissions, financial aid, and campus resources. Afternoon includes engineering projects, dinner, campus activities.
Week review for parents, final group presentations (parents welcome).
Full cost per participant is $900. Through a generous contribution from Halliburton and Conoco Phillips, each student receives an automatic $600 scholarship toward the cost of the summer camp.
Cost covers residence hall stay, meals, project supplies, camp T-shirt, and campus activities. Extra spending money may be sent upon the discretion of the parents, which can be spent on Texas Tech memorabilia, snacks at the on-campus stores, and/or lost key to residence hall.
If you need to cancel your registration for any reason you must do so by Monday, May 21, 2018. No refunds will be given after that date.
The Whitacre College of Engineering reserves the right to cancel the camp due to insufficient registrations. If event is cancelled for any reason, you will be notified immediately and all fees will be returned in full.
If you have questions regarding registration, please contact:
Questions may be directed to
Checklist to Acceptance
- Complete Application Form
- Submit application form to email@example.com
- Submit a check or money order for the $300 camp fee
Submit the following to be considered:
- eGirl Counselor Application Form