Wonseok (Eric) Jang
Research: Social media, Sport, Entertainment
Ph.D. University of Florida
M.A. University of Florida
I am an assistant professor in the department of advertising. I graduated from University of Florida and received a Ph.D. and M.A. in both Advertising and Sport Management. Before I pursued graduate school, I worked in the sport and fashion industry for 3 years for Puma and Jack Nicklaus Golf.
My research interest focuses on how media consumption influences individuals' subjective well-being, such as happiness and vitality. Particularly, I am interested in how different types of motivation (extrinsic vs. intrinsic) influences the experience the media consumption (both traditional and online) behavior and ultimately affects individuals' level of subjective well-being. In addition, another research interest focuses on media consumption in the context of sports. Especially, I am interested in how watching sport contents affect various types of fans' behaviors.
- Social media
- Sport communication
- Jang, W., Bucy, E., & & Cho, J. (2018) Self-Presentation Strategies' Effect on Facebook Users' Subjective Well-being Depending on the Self-Esteem Level. Computers in Human Behaviors, 85, 190-199.
- Jang, W., Wann, D. L., & Ko, Y. J. (2018) Influence of Team Identification, Game Outcome, and Game Process on Sport Consumers' Happiness. Sport Management Review, 21(1), 63-71.
- Jang, W., Ko, Y. J., Wann, D. L., & Chang, Y. W. (2017) The Effect of Fans' Social Experience and Game Characteristics on their Evaluation of Game Experiences. European Sport Management Quarterly, 17(5), 635-658.
My teaching interest focuses on advertising campaign, media planning, and any courses related to sport marketing and sport media.
- Advertising Media Planning (ADV 3351)
- Advertising Campaigns (ADV 4312)
Leadership & Awards
Review Board Member: Journal of Global Sport Management
- Top Faculty Papers (2nd place), Advertising Division in 2013 Association for Education in Journalism and Mass Communication Conference
College of Media & Communication
AddressTexas Tech University, Box 43082, Lubbock, TX 79409