Hours: Wed., 1-4 or by appointment
Ph.D. University of Florida, 2007
View Full CV
Social Media: https://twitter.com/tseltzer
Dr. Seltzer has worked professionally in public relations, political campaigning and public administration, as well as provided communications consulting services for clients in the health care, nonprofit and corporate sectors. Prior to serving as the Assistant Dean for Graduate Studies, Dr. Seltzer was the chair of the Department of Public Relations. He previously taught communications courses at the University of Florida, the University of Central Florida and Gulf Coast State College.
- Public Relations Campaigns (PR 4412)
- Seminar in Mass Communication Theory (MCOM 5366)
- Public Relations Problems and Cases (PR 5343)
- Integrated Communication Campaigns (MCOM 6315)
- Global Public Relations: Issues Management (PR 6315)
- Abitbol, A., Lee, N., Lee, S., & Seltzer, T. (in press). #RaceTogether: Starbucks'
attempt to discuss race in America and its impact on company reputation and employees.
Public Relations Journal.
- Holland, D., Krause, A., Provencher, J., & Seltzer, T. (in press). Transparency tested:
The influence of message features on public perceptions of organizational transparency.
Public Relations Review.
- Lee, N., Seltzer, T., & Callison, C. (2017). Relationship building in the craft beer
industry: A study of public relations within the growing artisanal and locavore movements.
Public Relations Journal, 11(2), 1-20.
- Callison, C., Merle, P., & Seltzer, T. (2014). Smart friendly liars: Public perception of public relations practitioners over time. Public Relations Review, 40, 829-831.
Leadership / awards:
Editorial Board Member, Journal of Public Relations Research
Ketchum Excellence in Public Relations Research Award from the Institute for Public Relations
Texas Tech Alumni Association New Faculty Award
The Bill and Avis Ross Mass Communications Faculty Achievement Award
The L. U. Kaiser Teaching Innovation Award
The TTU President's Excellence in Teaching Award
Texas Tech Integrated Scholar
Texas Tech University President's Leadership Institute
College of Media & Communication
AddressTexas Tech University, Box 43082, Lubbock, TX 79409