2021 COVID-19 Case Trends
About the Graphs
- The data contained in the graphs below is cumulative beginning January 4, 2021, when the university reopened following a 12-day (including weekends) winter break. A breakdown of Texas Tech's reporting for 2020 can be found here.
- The graphs below contain COVID-19 case data on students (on-campus and off-campus combined) and employees (faculty, staff and student employees combined) that take classes or work on our Lubbock campus (satellite campuses are not included in these numbers) and is updated each Friday afternoon.
- In order to show accurate trends, the data in the graphs below is grouped by week (Monday-Friday) due to the fact the University does not report case numbers on Saturday or Sunday. Active cases that are collected on Saturday and Sunday are reported in the Monday totals and are therefore reflected in both the main COVID-19 dashboard and in the graphs below.
- Students that are employed in some capacity by Texas Tech are considered student employees and their data is reflected in the employee sections of the graphs below. Due to the fact they have an actual workplace on campus, they are classified as employees for contact tracing purposes and for supervisor notification.
- Data for the main COVID-19 dashboard and the graphs below are compiled from Student Health Services, the Texas Tech Physicians Family Medicine Faculty/Staff Clinic, and the Texas Department of Emergency Management. This data is also shared with the City of Lubbock Health Department.