Scholastic Probation and Suspension
To those students who have been placed on Scholastic Probation or Suspension, the College of Visual and Performing Arts wants you to know that we desire to do everything in our power to assist you in achieving the goals you have set for yourself and to see to it that you are successful in completing your degree program at Texas Tech University. First and foremost, we are here for you to discuss those goals and aspirations with us, and to cooperatively search for the means by which to attain them. To that end, please feel free at any time to contact us for an appointment to jointly work through a plan of action to get to where you want to be.
We can be reached in any of the following ways:
- In person: Room 203 Holden Hall;
- By phone: 742-0700;
Many resources are available to assist you in returning to good academic standing. In particular you could consider:
- Discussing your situation with your academic advisor.
- Applying through the Registrar’s Office for grade replacement of repeated courses.
- Enrolling in XL 0201 – Strategies for Learning (required of first time/first semester freshmen).
- Taking advantage of the numerous free academic support services, which include:
For more information about scholastic probation and suspension, please read about the Undergraduate Academic Status Policy.