FIRST-GEN CHAMPIONS INSTITUTE 2022
Friday, November 18th and Saturday, November 19th
Student Union Building (SUB) or Virtually
Review common questions regarding the First-Gen Champions Institute. If you need additional support you can contact Brandon1.Cruz@ttu.edu.
- Who can attend?
- The First-Gen Champions Insitite is open to all Texas Tech Faculty, Staff, and Graduate Students. In addition, this event is open to external educators and college access professional across the K-12 and Higher Education levels.
- Is there a cost to attend?
- The First-Gen Champions Insitite is free for attends for the 2022 academic year. Attendees have the option to earn Continuing Education Unit credits, which cost $15 for Texas Tech Staff or $30 for external attendees.
- Will the institute be facilitated in-person or virtually?
- The First-Gen Champions Insitite will be facilitated both in-person and virtually for the 2022 academic year. Individuals can attend the institute 100% in-person or 100% virtually. There will be not hybrid option.
- Is there parking available for the event?
- Individuals that do not have a Texas Tech parking permit can utlize Visitor Park and Pay in Lot R13 for Day 1: Friday, November 18 between 7:30am and 5:30pm. For Day 2: Saturday, November 19, all parking is free with few exceptions such as ADA spaces and 24 hour spaces near resident halls or for service vehicles. More information can be accessed here
- Am I able to present?
- Call for Proposals has now closed for the 2022 academic year.
- Are there volunteer opportunities?
- Yes, if you are interested in volunteering, please contact Dana.Parker@ttu.edu for more information.
- Can my office, department, or academic college be a sponsor for the event?
- Yes, the First-Gen Champions Institute is always open to collaborating with internal and external partners, please email Brandon1.Cruz@ttu.edu to learn more about sponsorship opportunities.
First Generation Transition & Mentoring Programs
Address2518 15th St. Lubbock, Texas, 79409-5065; Doak Hall, Room 119C