Available Scholarships Offered by the Division of Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
- Please discuss in 500 words or less the most applicable aspects of your background or experiences that would enrich the diversity of the Texas Tech University campus community.
- Please describe in 500 words or less what Diversity & Equity mean to you?
- Provide 800 words describing the importance of diversity on a university campus and how the inclusiveness at TTU has positively affected you?
Three Required Documents
- Resume detailing work history, organization involvement, awards and honors, accolades etc.
- Personal Statement
- One reference letter
Click Here to access the Scholarship Application for the following programs:
The following programs will have specific eligibility requirements & additional requests for their applications, which are all listed below.
- Must have completed one year in the program to be eligible.
- Provide a list of your involvement in the program.
- Other possible commitments you may have.
First Generation Transition & Mentoring Program
- Must have a 2.50 GPA or higher to be eligible.
- Provide a 500 word essay to one of five prompts.
Prompts are provided below:
- Prompt #1 - What does it mean to you to be part of a minority community? What challenges has it brought and how have you overcome them? What are the benefits?
- Prompt #2 -Please explain how your experience volunteering and participating in community service has shaped your perspective on humanity. Elaborate on how these experiences have influenced your future ambitions now and even after graduation (This can include work within your field of study).
- Prompt #3 - As a first generation student, you may be taking more responsibility in initiating and navigating your college path than students whose parents earned a college degree. Please share how finding your way through completing high school, or completing courses at a community/junior college, or leaving a long time job to attend Texas Tech, will be an asset and prepare you for college success.
- Prompt #4 - The Lubbock community is becoming more diverse and with that, students will be expected to live, learn, and engage with individuals who come from diverse backgrounds, cultures, and experiences different from their own. Tell us how you will contribute to, and benefit from, the many diverse perspectives and life experiences of students, faculty, and staff at Texas Tech University. How could you use this experience to improve life on campus and in the community.
- Prompt #5 - Relevant topic of your choice. If you choose this prompt, please be sure to elaborate on the significance of your topic so that it is clear to staff who reads it
- Must have a cumulative GPA of 3.00 or higher to be eligible.
- If you have just completed your first semester at TTU, you must have a semester GPA of 3.00 or higher to be eligible.
- Provide experience with community outreach.
Military & Veterans Program
- Eligibility criteria varies. Click each scholarship to learn more.
College Connect Alumni Scholarship
- Essay min 500 words “Tell us how your IDEAL camp experience influenced your decision to attend Texas Tech University.”
- 1 Letter of recommendation from educator (counselor, teacher, coach).
Multicultural Faculty and Staff Association Endowed Scholarship, Bidal Aguero Endowed Scholarship, and Diversity Success Scholarship
- Completed Scholarship application
- Two letters of recommendation from college faculty or staff, or community leaders familiar with your academic work, campus involvement, interests, or community service participation
- Typed essay (500 word max.) explaining your interest and involvement in matters related to diversity, community engagement, leadership, and/or academic achievements
- Eligibility requirements will be listed in the application
The following will be due on May 14, 2019 for consideration for the scholarships listed above: