Summer Camp Instructor
This position is ideal if you will be in Lubbock during Summer I or Summer II sessions,
enjoy working with young pre-college students and are looking to build your resume
and develop leadership skills.
Job Title: Summer Camp Instructor
To Apply: Submit a Cover Letter, Resume and Three Professional References to the following address.
Ashley Cowgill at Phone: (806) 834-1970
Doak Hall, Room 110 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Lubbock, TX 79409-5065
About the Position
College Connect helps to encourage students to pursue a post-secondary education and
help increase their knowledge with regards to requirements for entering a four-year
institution of higher learning. Our mission is to provide distinctive and unique outreach
programs that promote academic excellence and diversity. The most important work is
introducing underrepresented students to a collegiate experience and dispelling myths
and fears about higher education. Programs are often designed to address a particular
need but all programs are designed to give children a successful academic experience
on a university campus. Classes are aimed to increase student knowledge of career
fields and student motivation to explore higher education.
Instructors will report directly to program manager and office director.
Camp Dates Include:
- June 1st-5th, 2020
- July 20th-24th, 2020
Role and Responsibilities:
- Deliver course curriculum to students in grades 5th-12th from various backgrounds.
- Develop hands on and engaging curriculum with learning outcomes that meet the academic need of the program and based in current pedagogy.
- Manage a safe, secure, and healthy educational environment by establishing following, and enforcing standards and procedures; complying with program regulations and navigating student behaviors.
- Able to accommodate and tailor curriculum for various academic levels and encourage students to think critically using cultural relevant teaching methods.
- Promote the value of education and share personal experiences.
- Act as a mentor to the students
- Assist in the management and care of the TTU facilities and equipment during program events.
- Candidates must possess a Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution.
- Experience in curriculum development in K-12 environment.
- Prior Experience in classroom management to include either teaching, course instruction,summer camps.
- Must be able to pass a criminal background check
- Able to attend summer camp training in May
- Bachelor's degree in science, math, engineering, education]
- Teaching K-12 certification
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Could include standing, bending stopping and stretching, requirement for eye-hand coordination and manual dexterity to make projects and assist campers.
- Willing to work outdoor and be able to walk with students during extended periods of time.