GENTECH 2021 by College Connect
Registration opens Spring 2022
Incoming high school students are eligible for registration (grades 9th-12th)
Session topics and activities include:
- Building a wind turbine;
- Land sailing at Reese Technology Center (Wind permitting):
- Renewable energy design considerations:
- Solar town build:
- Concepts of solar panel design and installation:
- Principles and physics of electricity:
- Environmental considerations of renewable energy: and
- Aspects of and considerations in renewable energy forecasting.
The camp goals are to provide students with information regarding:
- Interdisciplinary nature of renewable energy;
- What careers are possible in renewable energy fields; and
- Academic skills are necessary to succeed.
Classes are team-taught by experienced university and public school faculty and emphasize hands-on activities. Classes are interdisciplinary to allow campers to explore many aspects of STEM through the lens of an engineer.
Students are housed in Texas Tech residence halls. Students will be supervised at all times by TTU College students and staff who will be working as counselors. Our counselors have been selected for meeting our criteria, attending training, and displaying great role model characteristics.
Evenings are devoted to traditional summer fun that includes swimming, basketball, and volleyball at the TTU Student Rec Center, evening activities and games, and college readiness activities.