July 5th-9th, 2020
Thank you to the generous donor we are able to provide scholarships this year. The applications can be found here.
Generation TECH will provide high school students with an interest in renewable energy an opportunity to consider renewable energy technologies as a future academic pursuit. The camp will allow students to explore the variety of fields within renewable energy and learn about the different technology and variables considered when designing a wind turbine. While at camp, students will be able to familiarize themselves with skills needed to thrive in a career involving renewable energy.To register, click here.
Session topics and activities include:
- Building a wind turbine;
- Land sailing at Reese Technology Center (Wind permitting):
- Renewable energy design considerations:
- Solar town build:
- Concepts of solar panel design and installation:
- Principles and physics of electricity:
- Environmental considerations of renewable energy: and
- Aspects of and considerations in renewable energy forecasting.
The camp goals are to provide students with information regarding:
- Interdisciplinary nature of renewable energy;
- What careers are possible in renewable energy fields; and
- The academic skills are necessary to succeed.
Classes are team taught by experienced university and public school faculty and emphasize hands-on activities. Classes are interdisciplinary to allow campers to explore many aspects of STEM through the lens of an engineer.
Students are housed in Texas Tech residence halls. Students will be supervised at all times by TTU College students and staff who will be working as counselors. Our counselors have been selected for meeting our criteria, attending training, and displaying great role model characteristics.
Evenings are devoted to traditional summer fun that includes swimming, basketball, and volleyball at the TTU Student Rec Center, a trip to Main Event, and college readiness activities.