Click here to register! We will begin taking payment on Monday, April 12th.
Generation TECH will provide high school students with an interest in renewable energy
and an opportunity to consider renewable energy technologies as a future academic
pursuit. The camp will allow students to explore the variety of fields within renewable
energy and learn about the different technology and variables considered when designing
a wind turbine. While at camp, students will be able to familiarize themselves with
the skills needed to thrive in a career involving renewable energy.
Session topics and activities include:
- Building a wind turbine;
- Land sailing at Reese Technology Center (Wind permitting):
- Renewable energy design considerations:
- Solar town build:
- Concepts of solar panel design and installation:
- Principles and physics of electricity:
- Environmental considerations of renewable energy: and
- Aspects of and considerations in renewable energy forecasting.
The camp goals are to provide students with information regarding:
- Interdisciplinary nature of renewable energy;
- What careers are possible in renewable energy fields; and
- Academic skills are necessary to succeed.
After you have completed registration, please call our office at 806 742 2420 (Monday-Friday from 9 AM-4 PM) to proceed with payment. Please note that payment is necessary to secure your registration and that failure to pay may result in a forfeit of your registration.
Classes are team-taught by experienced university and public school faculty and emphasize hands-on activities. Classes are interdisciplinary to allow campers to explore many aspects of STEM through the lens of an engineer.
Students are housed in Texas Tech residence halls. Students will be supervised at all times by TTU College students and staff who will be working as counselors. Our counselors have been selected for meeting our criteria, attending training, and displaying great role model characteristics.
Evenings are devoted to traditional summer fun that includes swimming, basketball, and volleyball at the TTU Student Rec Center, evening activities and games, and college readiness activities.