Jon Crider is a native of Rockwall, Texas, earning his Bachelor's at Kennesaw State University in Georgia, his Master's at Texas Tech University, and his Ph.D. in History at Temple University in Philadelphia. His dissertation is titled, "Printing Politics: The Emergence of Political Parties in Florida, 1821-1861," examining the influence of newspapers on party formation. Dr. Crider's goal is to provide more opportunities for Scholars to excel in research, in graduate school admittance, and by result raise the profile of McNair Scholars and Explorers on campus and in the nation. In 2020, Jon was awarded the Susan Talkmitt Motivator Award for outstanding and positive impact on science education and elected as President of the McNair Association of Professionals (MAP).
Trish Phillips is currently a doctoral candidate in the Higher Education Research Program at Texas Tech University. Her dissertation focuses on Black veterans and their transition from the military to Historically Black Colleges and Universities. Trish was a Thurgood Marshall Fellow at Western Michigan University, where she earned both a Master of Fine Arts in Creative Writing (Poetry) and a Master's in Higher Education and Student Affairs.
As a former McNair Scholar from Grand Valley State University, Trish is honored to be in a position where she is able to make an impact and serve future McNair Scholars. The McNair Scholars Program has played a critical role in preparing and guiding her through all her academic endeavors.
- Chair: Rich Rice, Ph.D., Associate Professor of English, TTU
- Dave Louis, Ph.D., Associate Professor of Higher Education, TTU
- Julie Isom, Associate Director of Research, Center for the Integration of STEM Education & Research (CISER), TTU
- Levi Johnson, Director for Center for Transformative Undergraduate Experiences (TrUE), TTU
- Cory Powell, Director for the Office of Institutional Diversity, TTU
- Ken Griffith, Ph.D., Program Administrator for Teaching, Learning, and Professional Development Center, TTU
- Lindsay Boynton, Ed.D., Director for TRIO Student Support Services, TTU