Camo to Corporate: Veterans Career Series
The TTU Camo to Corporate series provides valuable skills to better prepare veterans for the workforce. Those students completing all the steps in this program will be dressed for success and ready to enter the professional world.
This program is limited to 20 TTU student veterans.
1. TTU undergraduate, graduate or law student graduating from TTU in 2020.
2. Minimum 2.5 GPA
3. One-page essay outlining military, academic, work experiences and career/life goals
4. Signed agreement to complete all program sessions in the series
Each participant will be required to keep track of their own session progress through
an attendance checklist and complete the following steps:
1. Complete the following one-on-one appointments with the University Career Center:
• Career Assessment Interpretations (Strong Interest Inventory & Strengths Quest)
• Resume and Cover Letter Writing Critique
• Mock Interview
2. Attend at least 2 of the following events offered by University Career Center:
• Mocktail Party
• Etiquette Dinner
• All Majors Job Fair
3. Schedule an appointment at a designated suit vendor(s) to select and be fitted for a suit. Those students completing all steps in the series will qualify to pick up their suit.
4. Attend a photo session wearing your suit: individual and/or group
Applications will open in October 31, 2019 for those TTU undergraduate, graduate or law school students graduating in May, August or December 2020. Application deadline: January 25, 2020.
Submit application and essay to MVP in Drane Hall Room 147 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Companies interested in participating in the TTU Camo to Corporate: Veterans Career Series should contact the Texas Tech University Career Center at 806.742.2210 for more information.