Stole & Recognition Ceremony
MVP Graduation Stole & Recognition Ceremony
Military & Veterans Programs awards a special camo-tipped stole to graduating TTU veteran and servicemembers. Graduating family members are awarded a special recognition cord. Please join MVP in recognizing and celebrating these graduates.
If a Graduate is not able to attend in person, we can mail their stole or cord.
Graduates, you must complete the form at the following link to verify your mailing address so that we may mail your stole or certificate to you if unable to attend in person.
- Friday, August 6, 2021 at 6:30 P.M. for Summer 2021 Graduating Students
- Fall 2021 Graduating Students Date TBD
- Graduating Student Sign in at 6:00 P.M.
- Ceremony begins at 6:30 P.M.
Location: Helen DeVitt-Jones Auditorium, TTU Museum
Parking: Museum Parking lot West side, 4th and Indiana Avenue, Lubbock, Texas 79409
Refreshments: Will be provided immediately following each event
Photos: Each graduating veteran or service member will be photographed as stoles are presented. Each graduating family member will be photographed as each recognition certificate is presented. Each group will be photographed as a group together at the end of the ceremony. Photos will be available on the MVP Facebook page a few days after the event.
- Dress is business, business casual (no shorts, flip flops, tank tops or ball caps)
- Graduates may wear graduation regalia if they wish
- Guests are welcome!
- Graduates will check-in at our registration table at 6:00 P.M.
- Graduates will be given a graduation ceremony card to complete.
- Graduates will hand the completed card to the MVP staff who will read off the information as the award is made
Graduating Students will be sent a notice from MVP about the Stole & Recognition and should RSVP by noon on Wednesday, August 4th, 2021 to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Indicate the graduating student plans to attend the ceremony.
- Indicate how many guests will attend including the graduating student.
Did you receive this invitation in error? If a student receives an MVP email notice about the Stole & Recognition Ceremony who is not graduating that semester OR is not a veteran or service member or not a graduating family member, the student should inform MVP by email at email@example.com. Students should also contact their Academic Dean's office to get their Graduation date corrected on the TTU Banner system.
Cannot attend? Students not attending the ceremony may pick up their stoles starting at 2:00 pm on the day of the Stole & Recognition Ceremony.
Not on the MVP Graduation list? TTU graduating veteran or servicemembers who are not using benefits through the MVP department who wish to be recognized and receive a stole MUST bring a copy of their DD214 Member 4 or current military ID and a copy of current orders to the MVP department no later than 11:00 am on the Thursday prior to (day before) the Stole Ceremony.
Dependent Family Members of Veterans or Service Members who are not using benefits through the MVP department who wish to be recognized and receive a graduation cord MUST bring a Birth Certificate, Marriage License, or Court Approved Document linking you to the Veteran or Service Member and a copy of the Veteran or Service Member's DD214 Member 4 or current military ID and a copy of current orders to the MVP department no later than 11:00 am on the Thursday prior to (day before) the Stole Ceremony.