Stole & Recognition Ceremony
MVP Graduation Stole & Recognition Ceremony
Military & Veterans Programs awards a special camo-tipped stole to graduating TTU veteran and servicemembers. Graduating family members are awarded a special recognition certificate. Please join MVP in recognizing and celebrating these graduates.
Unfortunately, Due to COVID 19, the Stole & Recognition Ceremonies during 2020 have been canceled. However, we still want our qualifying Graduates to have their stoles & certificates. We can mail your stole if you are a qualifying graduating veteran or certificate if you are a qualifying graduating family member to you. Graduates, you must complete the form at the following link to verify your mailing address so that we may mail your stole or certificate to you.
The preferred deadline to submit the MVP Camo Tipped Stole or Certification Mailing form (link shown below) to have a stole or certificate mailed to you before the December 2020 graduation has been changed to November 20th.
- Canceled due to Covid 19 - Thursday, May 14, 2020 for Spring 2020 Graduating Students.
- Canceled due to Covid 19 - Thursday, August 6, 2020 for Summer 2020 Graduating Students
- Canceled due to Covid 19 - Thursday, December 10, 2020 for Fall 2020 Graduating Students
- Graduates, see PDF link instructions if you want your stole or certicate mailed to you
- Thursday, May 13, 2021 for Spring 2021 Graduating Students
- Thursday, August 12, 2021 for Summer 2021 Graduating Students
- Graduating Student Sign in at 10:00am
- Ceremony begins at 10:30 am
Location: Helen DeVitt-Jones Auditorium, TTU Museum
Parking: Museum Parking lot West side, 4th and Indiana Avenue, Lubbock, Texas 79409
Refreshments: Lite snacks and drinks will be provided immediately following each event
Photos: Each graduating veteran or service member will be photographed as stoles are presented. Each graduating family member will be photographed as each recognition certificate is presented. Each group will be photographed as a group together at the end of the ceremony. Photos will be available on the MVP Facebook page a few days after the event.
- Dress is business, business casual (no shorts, flip flops, tank tops or ball caps)
- Graduates may wear graduation regalia if they wish
- Guests are welcome!
- Graduates will check-in at our registration table at 10:00 am
- Graduates will be given a graduation ceremony card to complete.
- Graduates will hand the completed card to the MVP staff who will read off the information as the award is made
Graduating Students will be sent a notice from MVP about the Stole & Recognition and should RSVP by noon on the Wednesday prior to (day before) the ceremony to email@example.com
- Indicate the graduating student plans to attend the ceremony.
- Indicate how many guests will attend including the graduating student.
Did you receive this invitation in error? If a student receives an MVP email notice about the Stole & Recognition Ceremony who is not graduating that semester OR is not a veteran or service member or not a graduating family member, the student should inform MVP by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Students should also contact their Academic Dean's office to get their Graduation date corrected on the TTU Banner system.
Cannot attend? Students not attending the ceremony may pick up their stoles starting at 2:00 pm on the Thursday of the Stole & Recognition Ceremony after the ceremony is over.
Not on the MVP Graduation list? TTU graduating veteran or servicemembers who are not using benefits through the MVP department who wish to be recognized and receive a stole MUST bring a copy of their DD214 Member 4 or current military ID and a copy of current orders to the MVP department no later than 11:00 am on the Wednesday prior to (day before) the Stole Ceremony.
Dependent Family Members of Veterans or Service Members who are not using benefits through the MVP department who wish to be recognized and receive a certificate MUST bring a Birth Certificate, Marriage License, or Court Approved Document linking you to the Veteran or Service Member and a copy of the Veteran or Service Member's DD214 Member 4 or current military ID and a copy of current orders to the MVP department no later than 11:00 am on the Wednesday prior to (day before) the Stole Ceremony.