Office: Education 201A
Mrs. Andra McLaren is an Instructor in the Elementary Education and the Language & Literacy Teacher Education Programs.
Before becoming a full-time Instructor in the College of Education in August 1999, Mrs. McLaren taught in the Elementary classroom for the Lubbock Independent School District and the Ft. Bend Independent School District. Mrs. McLaren was also employed as a Parent Educator for the Lubbock Independent School District. Mrs. McLaren has been married to Gary McLaren, a Lubbock attorney, for over 25 years. They have two daughters, Caroline and Hannah.
- Bachelor of Science in Elementary Education with an emphasis in Early Childhood, Texas Tech University (1988)
- Bachelor of Science in Family Studies and Human Development, Texas Tech University (1988)
- Masters of Education in Educational Administration, Wayland Baptist University (1999)
Areas of Expertise
- Content Area Literacy
- Children’s Literature
- Classroom Management Techniques
- Teacher Candidate Professionalism