Jerry Dwyer, Ph.D.
Office: Education 202C
Dr. Jerry Dwyer has a PhD in computational mathematics from the National University of Ireland. He worked for many years in computational mechanics related to fracture, composite materials, and glaciology. He has also worked extensively on issues of teacher education, undergraduate STEM learning and retention in the STEM disciplines, and mathematical outreach and he has developed a wide range of K-12 outreach projects. His most recent research work has been in complex dynamics. He has obtained over $20m in federal funding for numerous multidisciplinary projects and has served as a center director and interim department chair.
- PhD, National University of Ireland, Applied Mathematics - 1986
- MSc, National University of Ireland, Computer Science - 1982
- BA, National University of Ireland , Mathematical Science- 1980
Areas of Expertise
- Computational mathematics
- Complex dynamics
- Mathematical education of teachers
- Undergraduate STEM learning