Larry Hovey, Ph.D.
Office: Education 102
Larry Hovey is the Coordinator of Accreditation and Assessment in the college. He joined the College of Education in 1970 with plans to return home to the Mid-West after a maximum of 4 or 5 years, but didn’t quite succeed with that goal. He retired in 2001, but has remained ever since in a “part-time” capacity—overall 40 plus years of service to the college. His most active full-time status in the college was serving in numerous administrative roles, including as interim dean and long-time associate dean.
- Ph.D., University of California, Berkeley, 1970 (Curriculum and Instruction--science emphasis)
- M.Ed., University of Illinois, 1965 (major, Education; minor, Zoology)
- B.S., University of Illinois, 1964 (major, Biology Education; minor, General Science)
Areas of Expertise
- Coordinator of Accreditation and Assessment, 9/01 to present
- Dean for the Interim, College of Education, 8/98-7/1/00
- Coordinator for national accreditation reviews (NCATE) for Fall 1995, Fall 2000, Fall 2006, Spring 2009 (focused review), and Fall 2013
- Associate Dean for Undergraduate Studies, 9/90-8/98
- Associate Dean for Academic Affairs, 9/87-9/90
- Certification Officer for Texas Tech University, 9/87-8/98
- Program Coordinator for Elementary Education, 1/95-5/98
- Director of Student Field Experiences and Advising, 1/87-9/87