Safety Summit 2020
The Safety Summit has been postponed and will rescheduled to a future date.
The idea spurred from the many conversations on campus preparedness surrounding recent inclement weather and the Coronavirus.
The two day on-campus conference is sponsored by:
The event is free to attend. Free parking is provided in the Merket-McKenzie parking lot. You must register for the sessions you wish to attend. We encourage you to attend the full Summit, but it is not required. Seating is limited.
Submit questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Current educational session topics for the conference include:
- Active Shooter training
- Basic Bloodborne Pathogen - Prevention Measures
- Stress Management
- Office Fire Safety
- Emergency Management at TTU
- Universal Waste Management
- The 411 for Non-Laboratorians
- Pedestrian Safety and Future Transportation & Parking Plans
- and more!
Full schedule coming soon!
Day one of the Safety Summit, begins with educational sessions from 9AM until 4:20PM with a keynote speaker over the lunch hour.
The Office of the President is providing a catered lunch for attendees while we hear a keynote speech on effective preparation for emergencies from Deputy Director of Emergency Management from the City of Lubbock, Joe Moudy.
Joe Moudy currently serves as Deputy Director for the Office of Emergency Management for the City of Lubbock. Joe joined the Office of Emergency Management in March of 2018. Since joining the Office of Emergency Management, the City has held several major coordinated events such as the Mayor's Marathon, the IRONMAN 70.3 Triathlon, several winter weather events, a full scale Active Shooter Exercise, and a full scale Airport Transportation Disaster along with multiple other events and training exercise.
Prior to becoming the Deputy Director for the Office of Emergency Management, Joe served as a Police Corporal for the Lubbock Police Department for 13 years. Joe had assignments in Patrol, Investigation, and Administration sections of the Lubbock Police Department.
Joe is a Certified Crime and Intelligence Analysis, a Police Officer Instructor, holds a Master Peace Officer's License, and holds an Associate Emergency Manager certification.
Day two of the Summit, will provide more educational sessions from 9AM-12PM. The afternoon of the Summit will provide:
- Safety Resources Fair from representation across campus and the Lubbock community,
- Sign up to be part of the Resource Fair by completing this form.
- Lime Ride Event where Lime representatives will provide riding lessons, information on their operations and be able to answer questions, and
- Fire Extinguisher Training provided by the TTU Fire Marshal's Office.
- Training sessions will be held at 12:30PM, 1:30PM and 2:30PM in the Merket-McKenzie parking lot.