Justin R Louder, Ed.D.
Justin Louder serves as associate vice provost for Texas Tech University eLearning & Academic Partnerships where he is the primary consultant for college and department leaders on the development of new, high-demand eLearning degree and certificate proposals. He also oversees Blackboard support and instructional design, as well as compliance and regulation for online and regional site programs.
In addition, he provides general oversight to TTU K-12, leading a number of initiatives to modernize and streamline technology and apply best practices to online programs in the unit. In this role with TTU K-12, Louder recently facilitated the partnership with KLBK-TV for the CyberSafe initiative, educating the Lubbock community about online safety — especially for kids — in the digital world.
As a frequent national and international presenter, lecturer and author on the topics of distance and online learning, student ethics, and academic integrity, Louder has received many awards from state and national organizations such as the 2017 J.O. Grantham Leadership Award from the National University Technology Network, the 2016 TxDLA Outstanding Commitment to Excellence and Innovation in Distance Education by an Individual award, and was recently recognized for ten years as a board member of the Texas Association for Education of the Blind and Visually Impaired. He is the current chair of the Learning Technology Advisory Committee for the Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board.
Louder is an assistant professor of practice in the TTU College of Education. He also holds several certifications related to online course design and delivery (e.g., Certified Blackboard Trainer, Certified QM Peer Reviewer) and is an experienced online instructor. Additionally, he has secured more than $2.1 million in grants in the fields of ethics and health and human services.
Louder came to Texas Tech in 2010 from Angelo State University, where he earned a B.A. in Communication and Psychology and an M.A. in Communication before working in the Angelo State University College of Nursing as an instructional designer. He received his Ed.D. in Instructional Technology with a minor in Higher Education Administration from Texas Tech University in 2011.
Details of his academic interests, as well as a list of publications, are on his profile on the College of Education website.
When he is not working, Louder especially enjoys traveling, as well as reading and spending time with his family.
- M.P.A., Wayland Baptist University, Plainview, TX, 2014
- Major: Public Administration
- Specialization: Government Administration
- Ed.D., Texas Tech University, Lubbock, TX, 2011
- Dissertation: "Distance Learning Environments at One Emerging Research Institution in Texas: The Relationship between Instructor Support, Student Interaction and Collaboration, and Learning in the Online Environment"
- Major: Educational Instructional Technology
- Minor: Higher Education Administration
- Honors: Omicron Delta Kappa, National Leadership Honor Society
- M.A., Angelo State University, San Angelo, TX, 2005
- Major: Communication Technology
- Honors: Lambda Pi Eta, National Communication Honor Society
- B.A., Angelo State University, San Angelo, TX, 2003
- First Major: Psychology
- Second Major: Communication
eLearning & Academic Partnerships
AddressTexas Tech Plaza | 1901 University Avenue, Suite 513 | Lubbock, Texas 79410-5095 || Mailing: Box 45095 | Lubbock, TX 79409-5095
PhoneOffice (806) 742-7227 || Student Support (806) 853-5153 or toll-free (844) 897-0537