Horticultural Landscape Management Certificate
Texas Tech University's online Horticultural Landscape Management Certificate covers topics including arboriculture, nursery management, turfgrass science, and landscape architecture. Students can pursue the certificate independently or concurrently with a related master's degree program.
- 12 credit hours
- Required classes are completed online. Some optional classes may be available only face-to-face.
- Prerequisite: bachelor's degree
- Students are not required to enroll in a certain number of courses each semester, so completion time varies by individual. Learn more about the difference between part-time and full-time student status.
- Semester-based courses align with the Academic Calendar of Texas Tech University. New students may enroll at the beginning of any one of the four semesters throughout the year.
Although there is no application deadline, potential students are encouraged to submit all application materials at least two months prior to projected initial enrollment.
- Complete the ApplyTexas application.
- When asked to select your major, you will choose Graduate Certificate Program.
- When asked to indicate your major area of interest/specialty, type Horticultural Landscape Management.
- When asked what degree you will seek, choose Certification.
- In the Custom Questions section of the application, be sure to choose HOLM - Horticulture Landscape Management from the list of available Graduate Certificate programs.
- Complete additional application as outlined by the Texas Tech University Graduate School.
- $60 initial application fee or $50 for each subsequent application (including changes of entry date, add/change program requests, or readmission requests).
- Students who plan to pursue the graduate certificate or the master's degree will need to submit Graduate Records Exam (GRE) scores to the University.
- Applicants must have official transcripts from all colleges and universities previously attended sent to Texas Tech University Graduate School.
- International students must also submit a Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) score to the Graduate School.
- Apply to Texas Tech University's Department of Plant and Soil Science.
- Check the Applications tab in your Raiderlink for notification of a change in your admissions status.
- If you are accepted to the Graduate School and the College of Agricultural Sciences and Natural Resources Department of Plant and Soil Science, you will work with a faculty advisor to develop a degree plan.
Prerequisite: Bachelor's Degree
Certificate programs can be pursued independently or concurrently with a master's program. Most courses are offered online; however, some courses are only offered face-to-face in Lubbock, Texas. Get additional course information.
Required Courses and Electives
(Required classes are designated with an asterisk*.)
Students must select a minimum of 12 hours from the following:
|Number||Title||Frequency of Offering||Prerequisite||Distance Offering|
|PSS 5316*||Advanced Arboriculture||Biennially||None||
|PSS 5317||Advanced Nursery Management||Biennially||None||
|PSS 5318||Advanced Turfgrass Science||Biennially||None||
|PSS 5324||Mode and Mechanism of Herbicide Action||Biennially||Consent of Instructor||
|PSS 5331||Advanced Plant Nutrient Management||Annually||Has not taken PSS 4335||
|PSS 5415||Advanced Greenhouse Crop Production||Biennially||None||
|PSS 5429*||Advanced Principles of Weed Science||Annually||Consent of Instructor||
|PSS 6301||Quantitative Agricultural Remote Sensing||Biennially||None||
|PSS 6331||Advanced Environmental Soils||Biennially||PSS 2432 or equivalent||
|LARC 6302||Administrative Aspects of Landscape Architecture||Annually||None||
While every effort has been made to ensure accuracy in reporting courses, policies
and other statements, the University reserves the right to make changes at any time
All courses must be completed with a minimum grade of C.
Are you a prospective TTU eLearning student?
Please enter the information below and a representative from eLearning will contact you shortly.
TTU Worldwide eLearning
Address:Texas Tech Plaza | 1901 University Avenue, Suite 513 | Lubbock, Texas 79410-5095 || Mailing: Box 45095 | Lubbock, TX 79409-5095
Phone:Office (806) 742-7227 || Student Support (806) 853-5153 or toll-free (844) 897-0537
Connect With Us:Facebook Twitter YouTube Instagram