Event Registration/CEU Services
Event Registration Services is dedicated to offering registration management for conferences, outreach, and professional development services that support the vision and academic mission of Texas Tech University.
Frequently Asked Questions
Planning a Conference or Event
Recommended Step-by-Step Guide To Planning A Short Course or Conference
Step 1: Begin planning your course or conference months ahead. This is especially crucial if you plan to apply for supplemental program funding through grants or corporate sponsorships.
Step 2: Set the tentative dates, time, and location, and other details of your program.
- Date, time, and place of registration.
- Course or conference fees.
- Registration deadlines for early bird discounts, late fees, authors, etc.
- Elective items: Special events, meals, tours.
Step 3: To obtain the most effective service through our office, contact our office within the following time frame:
- Short Courses: 6 to 9 months prior to the proposed date.
- National Conferences: 12-15 months prior to the proposed date.
- International Conferences: 18 – 36 months prior to the proposed date.
Step 4: Develop a preliminary budget giving consideration to the following items:
- Expected attendance.
- Course or conference registration fees.
- Early bird discounts, late fees.
- Sponsor income.
- Vendor income.
- Type of facilities and Equipment desired. NOTE: This MUST be reserved prior to entering the event in Event Registration Services.
- Speaker Honoraria and Travel.
- Costs for Special Events such as welcome receptions, awards banquets, field trips and tours, social gatherings, and committee meetings.
- Custom online registration form
- Processing of credit card charges
- Online registrations
- Enrollment confirmations
- Comprehensive participant lists
- Attendee rosters and databases
- Modification and Access Control
- Mass email capability
- Notification emails to registrants
- Upload materials and pictures
Merchant ID Setup by University Financial Services
Please submit your application at least six (6) weeks prior to needing your Merchant ID in order to receive all approvals and obtain Merchant ID numbers from the TTU credit card processor. All paperwork must be submitted to University Financial Services (UFS) to receive approvals from Accounting Services and the Office of the CIO. PCI DSS training and policy certification must be completed by each employee who processes, transmits or has access to sensitive payment card information in a Merchant department, including those who supervise these employees. Please direct all questions about training or merchant setup to Laura Cochran or 834-0066.
Continuing Education Units
What is a CEU?
A continuing education unit (CEU) is a nationally recognized unit of achievement. By successfully completing ten hours of instruction, an individual earns 1.0 CEUs. CEU credit is normally awarded for learning activities that provide three or more hours of instruction (contact hours). A CEU credit will be awarded for a course, workshop, conference, seminar, lecture. Other activities may apply, please submit application for evaluation.
An application for CEU credits will be reviewed and evaluated based on the following criteria:
- A clearly identified target audience
- Clearly defined intended learning outcomes
- Qualifications of the instructor(s)
- Appropriateness of content relative to the audience and the learning outcomes
Thank you for requesting information on how your learning activity may be approved for continuing education credit through Texas Tech University. The continuing education unit (CEU) is a nationally recognized unit of achievement. By successfully completing ten hours of instruction, an individual earns 1.0 CEUs. CEU credit is normally awarded for learning activities that provide three or more hours of instruction (contact hours).
After we receive your application form, we will evaluate it based on the following criteria:
- a clearly identified target audience;
- clearly defined intended learning outcomes.
- qualifications of the instructor(s); and
- appropriateness of content relative to the audience and the learning outcomes.
Together with the completed application form, please also submit copies of the presenter's/ presenters' vita or resume as well as a copy of the program announcement. In the final announcement, be sure to state the number of CEUs that your learning activity has been approved for and include the statement "Continuing Education credits for this learning activity will be awarded by Texas Tech University." You will need to submit a new application each time your learning activity is offered.
After your learning activity has ended, please provide us with the name, mailing address, and social security number of each person who successfully completed the learning activity; a check (or checks) equal to $30 for each person; and copies of the program evaluations (or a summary). Worldwide eLearning will then issue CEU grade reports and certificates which will be mailed to each attendee. Texas Tech University will also maintain a permanent record of accrued CEUs which allows participants to request an official transcript from the university at any time.
If you have any additional questions, please call (806) 834-6803.
Continuing Education Units are evaluated by:
TTU Worldwide eLearning
Address:Texas Tech Plaza | 1901 University Avenue, Suite 513 | Lubbock, Texas 79410-5095 || Mailing: Box 45095 | Lubbock, TX 79409-5095
Phone:Office (806) 742-7227 || Student Support (806) 853-5153 or toll-free (844) 897-0537
Connect With Us:Facebook Twitter YouTube Instagram