Department of English
Strategic Priorities, 2017-2020
- Increase engagement with undergraduate students through the development of new courses
and the enrichment of existing course offerings and degree programs.
- Develop and implement a new iteration of First Year Writing (FYW) program so that
it grows in enrollment as it offers a more relevant, effective experience to writing
- Improve our graduate students recruitment efforts, growing aggressively, but intelligently,
the size and diversity of our graduate student population.
- Build on our already strong online and distance course programs to include more course
and degree opportunities beyond the main TTU campus in Lubbock.
- Create and then promote a new vision of English as a big tent discipline, nurturing
in the process different, productive instantations of what it means to teach and research
- Encourage diversity through the fostering of a diverse workplace, and the recruitment
of diverse graduate students and faculty.
- Re-engage with, and then proactively foster, relationships with alumni as well as
other key external stakeholders.
- Enhance work quality and productivity for graduate students, instructors, and tenure-track