He was the Colgate University Creative Writing Fellow from 2000-2001 and was the 2007 Thornton Writer-in-Residence at Lynchburg College. John Poch's book, Texases was published in May 2019 by WordFarm Press. Between Two Rivers is a photography/poetry collaboration about Texas and New Mexico rivers and landscapes with Jerod Foster and was also published by TTU Press in May 2019. Fix Quiet won the 2014 New Criterion Poetry Prize. In 2014 he was a Fulbright Core Scholar to the University of Barcelona in Spain. His book, Dolls, was released in 2009 with Orchises Press. Two Men Fighting with a Knife(Story Line Press 2008) won the Donald Justice Award. His first book, Poems, was published by Orchises Press (2004) and was a finalist for the PEN/Osterweil prize. The Essential Hockey Haiku (a poetry/fiction collaboration with Chad Davidson) was published by St. Martin's Press in Fall 2006. A limited edition letterpress/art book,Ghost Towns of the Enchanted Circle was published by Flying Horse Editions in 2007. Poch was a recipient of the “Discovery”/The Nation Prize in 1998. He was a founding editor of 32 Poems Magazine. He was the inaugural Colgate University Creative Writing Fellow from 2000-2001 and was the 2007 Thornton Writer-in-Residence at Lynchburg College.Editor
Internet Poetry Site
- Series Editor: Vasser Miller Poetry Prize, UNT Press, 2008-Present
- In Defense of the Fall. Trilobite Press, 2000.
- Published poems in Ploughshares, Paris Review, The New Republic, Yale Review, New England Review, Southwest Review, Agni, and many other literary magazines
Internet Poetry Site
- "John Poch," From the Fishouse: An Audio Archive of Emerging Poets.
- 2018 TTU President's Excellence Research Professorship
- Fulbright Core Scholar at the University of Barcelona, 2014
- Dorothy Sargent Rosenberg Poetry Prize, 2007
- Headlands Center for the Arts residency for poetry, May 2007
- Lynchburg College Thornton Writer-in-Residence, Spring 2007
- Howard Nemerov Fellow in Poetry. Sewanee Writer's Conference, July 12-25, 2004
- Texas Tech University Research Enhancement Fund Grant, 2004
- Kate and George Kendall Fellowship, MacDowell Colony, 2000-01
- Blue Mountain Center residency, July 2001
- Saltonstall Foundation residency, June 2001
- Colgate Creative Writing Fellowship, 2000-01
- The Nation/Discovery Prize, 1998
- Fix Quiet. St. Augustine's Press, 2015.
- Longsuffering. 2015.
- Dolls. Orchises Press, September 2009.
- Two Men Fighting with a Knife. Story Line Press, 2008.
- Ghost Towns of the Enchanted Circle. Flying Horse Editions, 2007. A limited edition letterpress/art book.
- The Essential Hockey Haiku. (a poetry/fiction collaboration with Chad Davidson) St. Martin's Press, 2006.
- Poems. Orchises Press, 2004. Finalist for the PEN/Osterweil prize.