PhD, University of Minnesota
Office: ENGL/PHIL 363-D
Dr. Tham's research interests include design thinking, user experience & usability studies, collaboration, information design, and technical communication pedagogy. He is author of the forthcoming book, Design Thinking in Technical Communication and co-author (with Joe Moses) of Collaborative Writing Playbook. He tweets at @JasonCKTham and is always on the lookout for easy-to-make home meal recipes and cringe-worthy technical documents/illustrations.
When not reading, writing, or making, Dr. Tham may be seen jogging with his dogs Malia and Athena.
- Duin, A.H. & Tham, J. (2020). The current state of analytics: Implications for learning management system (LMS) use in writing pedagogy. Computers and Composition. Online first.
- Tham, J. (2018). Interactivity in an age of immersive media: Seven dimensions for wearable technology, internet of things, and technical communication. Technical Communication, 65(1), 46-65.
- Duin, A.H., & Tham, J. (2018). Cultivating code literacy: A case study of course redesign through advisory board engagement. Communication Design Quarterly, 6(3), 44-58.
- Tham, J. (2017). Wearable writing: Enriching student peer reviews with point-of-view video feedback using Google Glass. Journal of Technical Writing and Communication, 47(1), 22-55.
- Social media manager, ACM Special Interest Group on Design of Communication (SIGDOC).
- 2019 Frank R. Smith Outstanding Article in Technical Communication. Society for Technical Communication (STC).
- Co-editor, Journal of Business and Technical Communication special issue: Design thinking approaches in technical communication.
- Co-editor, Computers & Composition special issue: Wearable technology, ubiquitous computing, and immersive experience.