PhD, Case Western Reserve University
Dr. Weedon researches in the areas of engineering studies, rhetorical genre studies, and rhetoric of science, technology, and medicine. Before joining Technical Communication and Rhetoric at Texas Tech, he was a Lecturer in the Writing Program at University of California, Santa Barbara.
- Weedon, S. (Forthcoming). Emotion and the Economy of Genre in a Design Presentation. Technical Communication Quarterly.
- Weedon. S. (2019) The Core of Kees Dorst's Design Thinking: A Literature Review. Journal of Business and Technical Communication, 33(4) 425-430
- Weedon, S. (2019). The Role of Rhetoric in Engineering Judgment. IEEE Transactions on Professional Communication, 62(2), 165-177.
- Weedon, J. S. (2017). Representation in Engineering Practice: A Case Study of Framing in a Student Design Group. Technical Communication Quarterly, 26(4), 361-378.
- Weedon, S. & T. K. Fountain. Extended Abstract: Making Design Thinking Genre Knowledge: Typification and Routine Design. ." Conference Proceedings of the 2019 IEEE International Professional Communication Conference (IPCC)
- "Putting Engineering Judgment in Conversation with Engineering Communication." Conference Proceedings of the 2017 IEEE International Professional Communication Conference (IPCC)(James M. Lufkin Award winner).
- "Judging for Themselves: How Students Practice Engineering Judgment." Conference Proceedings of the 2016 ASEE Conference & Exposition in New Orleans, LA.