Global Ethics Day
The 6th Annual Global Ethics Day
The 2019 TTU Ethics Center in partnership with the Carnegie Council for Ethics in Internal Affairs celebrated the Sixth Annual Global Ethics Day "Ethics in Action". The event was held on Wednesday, October 16th at the TTU School of Law, Lanier Auditorium.
- Ms. Lina M. Sevillano, Chief of Unit, Rowe Fund Program, Organization of American States
- Dr. John Barkdull, Associate Professor, TTU Department of Political Science
- Dr. Hilary Malatino, Scholar-in-Residence,TTU Women's & Gender Studies
The 5th Annual Global Ethics Day
The 2018 TTU Ethics Center in partnership with the Carnegie Council for Ethics in Internal Affairs celebrates the Fifth Annual Global Ethics Day "Ethics In Action". The event was held on on Wednesday, October 17th at the TTU School of Law, Lanier Auditorium.
- Ms. Thi Kim Xuan Nguyen, Senior Ethics Officer, United Nations
- Ambassador Nestor Mendez, Assistant Secretary General, Organization of American States
- Nadia Flores-Yeffal, Assistant Professor, Texas Tech University, Department of Sociology
- Daniel J. Epstein, Course Developer, Texas Tech University, Department of Political Science
Global Ethics Day 2017
The 2017 TTU Ethics Center in partnership with the Carnegie Council on Ethics in International Affairs for Global Ethics day presented topics on Ethics in Governance, Judicial Dissent, and International Research.
Global Ethics Day 2016: Ethics Matter
The TTU Ethics Center and Carnegie Council for Ethics in International Affairs Global Ethics Day partnership hosted the 1st Annual Ethics Faculty Symposium on October 20, 2016.
- Dr. Katharine Hayhoe, Political Science, Associate Professor
- Dr. Michael Ryan, Rawls College of Business, Associate Professor
- Dr. Dwight McDonald, School of Law, Attorney - Clinical Programs
- Dr. Andrea McCourt, University Studies, Program Director
- Dr. Manuel Woersdoerfer, Murdough Center for Engineering Professionalism, Instructor
- Richard Burgess, Murdough Center for Engineering Professionalism, Research Associate
Second Annual Global Ethics Day webcast:
Dr. Dwight McDonald speaks on Legal Ethics:
Dr. Steve Presley speaks on Environmental Issues:
Dr. Ken Rainwater speaks on Water Issues:
Dr. Cristina Bradatan speaks on Issues Related to Migration into Europe:
Dr. Nadia Flores speaks on Migration South of the U.S. Border:
To learn more about the Carnegie Council for Ethics in International Affairs Global Ethics Day, visit: http://www.carnegiecouncil.org/calendar/data/0579.html
Inaugural Global Ethics Day Live-Recording
Date: Thursday, October 16th, 2014
Time: 9 am - 3 pm
Location: Escondido Theatre, Student Union Building, Texas Tech University
Experts from various disciplines discussed ethical issues in their field of study during the one day event. This event was broadcast through live-stream for both morning and afternoon sessions.
Ambassador Tibor P. Nagy
Amal Ibrahim, Vice-President of the Habesha Student Association
Karthikeya Challa, Vice-President of the India Student Association