In the Media
2019 2018 2017 2016 2015 2014 2013
- Book Review — September 1, 2014 — Out of Poverty: Sweatshops in the Global Economy— Foreign Affairs — Richard N. Cooper reviews Benjamin Powell's recent book for the September/October issue.
- Letter to the Editor — August 8, 2014 — The debate on plain cigarette packaging— The Daily Telegraph — The Daily Telegraph publishes a letter to the editor from Edward Stringham, in which he argues that the
British government should not force cigarette companies to have plain packaging.
- Video Interview — February 25, 2014 — The Forum: Conversations on Local Policy Featuring Dr. Ben Powell
— The Forum: Conversations on Local Policy — Texas Public Policy Foundation — James Quintero and Jess Fields of The Center for
Local Governance at the Texas Public Policy Foundation interview Benjamin Powell on
the role of government in local economic development.
- Press Release— February 17, 2014 — Free Market Institute to Host Nobel Laureate— Texas Tech Today— Texas Tech University issues a press release announcing the visit of 2002 Nobel
Laureate in Economic Sciences, Vernon Smith, as spring 2014 keynote speaker for the
Free Market Institute Public Speaker Series.
- Magazine Interview — January 22, 2014 — Sweatshop Blues: An Interview with Benjamin Powell— The Freeman — The Freeman interviews Prof. Powell about his forthcoming book, Out of Poverty: Sweatshops in the Global Economy.
[Back to In the Main Page] [Back to Top]