In the Media
2019 2018 2017 2016 2015 2014 2013
- December 7, 2015 — San Francisco Voters Reject Proposed AirBnB Crackdown — The Heartlander — The Heartlander features commentary from Benjamin Powell in a report on a recent ballot measure that
would have imposed new restrictions on AirBnB and other peer-to-peer, short-term rental
services in the city.
- October 25, 2015 — Talking Points with Bryan Mudd (10/25/15) — Talking Points with Bryan Mudd — KAMC-TV profiles Dr. Ron Paul's visit to the Free Market Institute and Texas Tech
- October 9, 2015 — Dr. Ron Paul Stops at Texas Tech to Speak about the Free Market,
Politics — Everything Lubbock — KAMC-TV provides news coverage of Dr. Ron Paul's visit to the Free Market Institute
and Texas Tech University.
- October 9, 2015 — Ron Paul speaks at Free Market Institute — The Daily Toreador — The Daily Toreador covers the Free Market Institute's Public Speaker Series event featuring remarks
from Ron Paul.
- October 5, 2015 — Sweatshops Play Important Role in Third World Countries, Speaker Says — University Chronicle — The University Chronicle, St. Cloud State University's campus newspaper, provides coverage of Benjamin Powell's
speaking engagement addressing his book Out Of Poverty: Sweatshops in the Global Economy.
- June 8, 2015 — Faculty members travel to Europe for market road show — The Daily Toreador — The Daily Toreador provides a recap of Free Market Institute faculty and staff's participation in the
8th annual Free Market Road Show. To view the university's press release, click here.
- January 17, 2015 — Falling oil: Local oil industry experts say impact on Lubbock minimal, could get worse — Lubbock Avalanche-Journal — The Lubbock Avalanche-Journal features commentary from Michael Giberson in an article discussing the economic impact
of declining crude oil prices.
- January 8, 2015 — Was a Highly Praised 2013 Book Built on Flawed Data?— The Christian Science Monitor — The Journal of Private Enterprise published an article by Robert Murphy and Phillip Magness that finds flaws in the
bestselling economics book Capital in the 21st Century (Thomas Piketty). The Christian Science Monitor cites the Murphy and Magness piece in a recent article.
[Back to In the Media Main Page] [Back to Top]