In the Media
Op-Eds and Short Articles
2020 2019 2018 2017 2016 2015 2014 2013
- December 28, 2013 — Pope Francis's Erroneous Economic Pontifications — Lubbock Avalanche-Journal — The Lubbock Avalanche-Journal published Benjamin Powell and Darren Hudson's commentary on Pope Francis's address.
- December 20, 2013 — Pope Francis's Erroneous Economic Pontifications — Huffington Post — Benjamin Powell and Darren Hudson challenge economic claims made by Pope Francis
in his address titled Evangelii Gaudium.
- December 12, 2013 — Krugman Contra Krugman on the Minimum Wage? — Huffington Post — Benjamin Powell addresses the inconsistency of statements made by Paul Krugman
on the issue of increasing the minimum wage.
- October 18, 2013 — A U.S. Worker Shortage Calls For 'Red Card' Immigration Reform — Forbes Online — Benjamin Powell addresses the ongoing debate about immigration reform in the United
States, calling for expansion of existing guest worker programs.
- October 7, 2013 — All I Am Saying, Is Give Shutdown a Chance — Huffington Post — Benjamin Powell addresses the recent and ongoing government "shutdown" and its
impact on the daily lives of Americans.
- October 4, 2013 — A Lone Star in Higher Ed? — The John William Pope Center for Higher Education Policy Commentaries — The Pope
Center for Higher Education Policy features a column by Benjamin Powell that discusses
the establishment, progress and future plans of the Free Market Institute.
- September 11, 2013 — Inclusionary Zoning Makes Housing Less Affordable — San Jose Mercury News — Benjamin Powell discusses the flawed economic analysis that supported the recent
passage of a bill in the California legislature aimed at providing more affordable housing.
- September 6, 2013 — The Attack on U.S. Property Rights Continues — Huffington Post — Benjamin Powell addresses a recent policy proposal in Richmond (CA) to use eminent
domain to seize "underwater" mortgages and its attendant and potential future impacts
on the protection of property rights in the United States.
- July 1, 2013 — The Economics Behind the U.S. Government's Unwinnable War on Drugs — Library of Economics and Liberty — Liberty Fund, Inc. — Benjamin Powell addresses
the economics of the war against illegal drugs in the United States and its attendant
impacts on individual liberty.
- June 16, 2013 — Immigration Reform—The Time for Free Trade — Huffington Post — Benjamin Powell addresses the recent and ongoing debate about immigration reform
by proposing strong consideration for a return to freer trade in labor.
- May 2, 2013 — Sweatshops in Bangladesh Improve The Lives Of Their Workers, And Boost Growth — Forbes Online — Benjamin Powell discusses the calls for increased safety standards and monitoring
from activists in the wake of the collapse of the Rana Plaza garment factory.
- April 7, 2013 — Powell: Tax Freedom Day brings perspective to taxes — Lubbock Avalanche-Journal — Benjamin Powell discusses the significance of "Tax Freedom Day," which sheds light
on the average tax burden for citizens in Texas and nationwide.
- March 10, 2013 — Powell: The minimum wage merry-go-round — Lubbock Avalanche-Journal — The Lubbock Avalanche-Journal featured Benjamin Powell's commentary from Huffington Post in their Sunday Opinion section.
- February 20, 2013 — Minimum Wage Merry Go Round — Huffington Post — Benjamin Powell addresses remarks made by President Obama during his 2013 State
of the Union address regarding a proposed increase in the federal minimum wage rate.
[Back to In the Media Main Page] [Back to Top]