The Free Market Institute (FMI) Research Workshop exposes graduate students, faculty, staff and other university colleagues to working research related to free market economics and other topics of interest. It is a "workshop" for work in progress that is not yet under consideration by scholarly journals. FMI faculty, research staff and graduate students, other Texas Tech University faculty members and visiting scholars deliver seminar presentations.
- January 24 — Domaine Pas de Choix: Government Intervention in the Champagne Market — Nikolai Wenzel, Visiting Assistant Professor of Economics, Florida Gulf Coast University
- February 14 — Dynamics of Intervention in the War on Drugs — Audrey Redford, Research Assistant, Free Market Institute at Texas Tech University
- February 28 — Explanations for Enron: Time for Revision — Robert Bradley, Jr., CEO and Founder, Institute for Energy Research
- March 28 — Austrian Business Cycle Theory: Evidence from Kansas Agriculture — Levi Russell, Assistant Professor, Texas A&M AgriLife Extension Service
- April 18 — Aiding the Underground: Foreign Aid and the Shadow Economy — Kathleen Sheehan, Ph.D. Candidate, Department of Economics, West Virginia University