Dr. Moira Ridley
Phone: (806) 834-0627
Office: 324 Sciences Building
Address: Department of Geosciences, Mail Stop 1053, Texas Tech University, Lubbock, TX 79409-1053
- Ph.D. University of Nebraska, Lincoln, 1997
- Aqueous Geochemistry
- Environmental Geochemistry
- Computational Geochemistry
- Experimental Geochemistry
My research is focused on understanding the complex, environmentally relevant interactions that occur between water and mineral-surfaces. We are particularly interested in gaining insights into molecular-scale reaction mechanisms that underlie observable, macroscopic phenomena.
Our research incorporates theoretical calculations, experimental studies, high resolution sample characterization, and empirical modeling. We collaborate with scientists and engineers from chemistry, material sciences, and water resources. Our broad range of research topics impact questions in aqueous and environmental geochemistry, materials science, and industrial and technology fields.
- GCH 3303 – Introduction to Geochemistry
- GCH 5405 – Inorganic Geochemistry
- GEOL 3323 – Environmental Geology