Dr. Patricia Solis
Phone: (469) 200-9093
Address: Department of Geosciences, Mail Stop 1053, Texas Tech University, Lubbock, TX 79409-1053
- B.S., Physics, Kansas State University, 1994
- B.A., German, Kansas State University, 1994
- M.A., Geography, Kansas State University, 1996
- Ph.D., Geography, University of Iowa, 2002
- Resilience, climate change and sustainable development.
- Geographic technologies, open mapping, Latin America.
- Geography in higher education, inclusion, youth, community development.
Patricia Solís is a broadly trained geographer who has researched issues in climate change, geographic technologies, sustainable development, water resources, Latin America, and geography as a discipline in higher education.
She has also studied and published on international research collaboration, professional development, academic grantsmanship, and broadening participation in higher education for women and minorities. Her international experience includes fostering collaborations among emerging scholars in 60 countries across Latin America, Africa, the Middle East and Southeast Asia. Over her career, Dr. Solís has developed more than 50 competitively funded projects totaling more than $11 million from federal sources such as the NSF, NASA, USAID, U.S. Department of State, and others.
- Affiliate, Center for Geospatial Technology
- Affiliate, Climate Science Center
- CoFounder and Director, YouthMappers
- Solis, Patricia, N.T. Hunyh, D. Carpenter, M. Adames de Newbill, L. Ojeda, 2017, Using an Authentic Project Based Learning Framework to Support Integrated Geography Education Linked to Standards and Geospatial Competencies, Research in Geography Education.