Graduate School Coronavirus (COVID-19) Updates
Because of the developing emergency associated with the spread of COVID-19, the university
is undertaking a number of unprecedented steps to protect the health and safety of
our community. The following relates to graduate students and postdoctorals:
- Following Spring Break, all classes scheduled for the week of March 23 through 27 are canceled.
- Beginning March 30, classes will resume via online instruction until further notice, this includes 6000, 7000, 8000.
Graduate student employees and postdoctorals/non-faculty Ph.D. researchers
- Effective immediately, all graduate student employees (GPTIs/TAs/RAs/GAs/SAs) and postdoctoral/other Ph.D. non-faculty researchers should work with supervisor to begin work from home.
- Specific guidelines for the transition and permissible research activities that will be allowed to continue during this period will be issued by the Vice President for Research and Innovation
- All graduate student employees/non-faculty Ph.D. researchers must fill out the remote work authorization
Master's and doctoral exams and defenses
- All preliminary, qualifying, and comprehensive exams should take place as scheduled by remote means (e.g., Zoom, Skype, Blackboard).
- All thesis and dissertation defenses should take place as scheduled by remote means (e.g., Zoom, Skype, Blackboard Collaborate). All committee members, including the dean's representative, must be participate by remote means for the defense to be valid. Candidates also must present their work publicly via remote means, either synchronously or asynchronously.
Facilities and Services. All facilities and services for graduate students and postdoctorals
will be open and available by remote access, including the following:
- The Graduate Center. Appointments for statistical consulting and library research assistance may be made by emailing email@example.com
- The Graduate Writing Center. Appointments may be made through https://appserv.itts.ttu.edu/WcOnline/eraider/login
- Graduate Student Enrollment Services. Appointments may be made by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
- General Advising. Appointments may be made through http://www.strive.ttu.edu
- Professional and career development events will be made available remotely through synchronous and asynchronous delivery. Check weekly email announcements and Graduate School Calendar at http://www.depts.ttu.edu/gradschool/
- Office of Graduate and Postdoctoral Fellowships. Assistance with developing and submitting external fellowships may be obtained by emailing email@example.com
Questions about graduate student or postdoctoral issues may be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org
The university is monitoring the situation closely in consultation with public health officials. For the latest updates and communications, please regularly check the Texas Tech website at https://www.depts.ttu.edu/communications/emergency/coronavirus/.
AddressAdministration Building 328, Texas Tech University, 2625 Memorial Circle, Lubbock, TX 79409-1030