MRSC Current Events
Call For Papers:
TEMA (Texas Medieval Assocation) Conference and Virtual Meeting, "Medieval Global Encounters." Oct 15-16, 2021. CFP deadline 9/1/2021.
Links to two recent talks:
Dr. Hannah Murphy (King's College, London), "Barber-Surgeons at Sea: Making Race and Losing Knowledge in Early Modern Europe."
Dr. Julie Nelson Couch (Texas Tech University), "Penance, What Penance?: The Earthly Delights of Pilgrimage, or, Travel Makes Race:
Medieval Pilgrimage as a Racializing Mode."
Upcoming Events (MRSC)
MRSC at the International Congress on Medieval Studies, Kalamazoo 2021
- The 2021 International Congress on Medieval Studies will be held May 13-15 at Western Michigan University in Kalamazoo. Many of the papers that were to be presented at the cancelled 2020 conference will be given in 2021. We will list presentations that will be given by MRSC students and affiliated faculty; stay tuned.
Upcoming or Continuing Events of Interest (non-MRSC)
- British School at Rome Virtual Talk
- Royal Studies Network Seminar (virtual)
- EODIAH Workshop Talks (virtual)
Past MRSC Events
- MRSC Spring Symposium, April 24, 2021; Keynote Lecture, Professor Geraldine Heng
- October 26, 2020: Geraldine Heng Online Lecture "The Politics of Race in the European Middle Ages," presented by Washington University of Saint Louis's Department of Jewish, Islamic, and Middle Eastern Studies, made available to viewers at TTU.
- October 18-19, 2019: TEMA (Texas Medieval Association) 2019 Conference, held at Texas State University in San Marcos, TX.
- April, 2019: South Central Renaissance Conference (SCRC) 2019 at Texas Tech, hosted by Dr. Brian Steele (School of Art, TCVPA Associate Dean)
- August 18, 2018-March 3, 2019: Museum of Texas Tech University, Exhibit on "Pre-Modern Bibles"