Honors Step-by-Step Registration Guide
Advising & Registration Tips:
How to Use Visual Schedule Builder:
First-Year Experience Course & linked Learning Community Group (required)
IMPORTANT ITEMS TO NOTE ABOUT THE FYE COURSES:
- All FYE courses have a corresponding LCG section. Each LCG course is specific to one
To see which LCG sections correspond to any given FYE course:
Check the Honors College FYE listings at the link above; or,
Use the Look Up Classes tool on the TTU MyTech Tab of Raiderlink (further explanation is below).
- The core curriculum credit carried by each course is listed at the bottom of the course's
Please consult your primary advisor or your DegreeWorks Degree Audit (MyTech/Advising Tools & Resources/Examine Degree Requirements/DegreeWorks) for which courses work towards your degree requirements.
- There are limitations to scheduling your FYE on the Schedule Builder Tool.
Please note: if you utilize the Schedule Builder Tool to build your upcoming schedule (full instructions on how to use Schedule Builder are included below), keep in mind that Schedule Builder frequently mis-pairs FYE courses with the incorrect LCG sections, and also cannot provide accurate and updated information on Honors courses that may already be full with a waitlist. Schedule Builder is a helpful resource, but please always make sure to double-check your intended Honors course information with course booklets on our Honors Course Listings page.
- Before attempting to schedule or register for your first-choice FYE, we recommend
that you check Raiderlink to make sure there are still spaces available.
If none remain, please choose a different FYE course. (More explanation on this situation is provided on our Virtual RRO FAQ page.)
- Go to Raiderlink.ttu.edu and log-in with your eRaider username and password.
- Click the “TTU MyTech Tab” at the top left of the page.
- Click “Registration” under the “Manage my Enrollment” heading near the top of the page.
- Select “Look Up Classes” from the menu that appears.
- Select “Browse Classes” from the following page.
- Select the correct term (Fall 2021 TTU), then click the “Continue” button.
- Using the class information provided in the Honors listings, find the course you would like to take. (EX: PHIL 2330 = Subject: Philosophy; Course Number: 2330). Click “Search.” Scroll until you have found the correct section. All Honors sections are indicated by a section number beginning with “H”, usually listed at the end. You may also match the CRN number to the one in our FYE booklet to ensure you are looking at the correct section.
- Find the number of available seats in the second to last column on the right-hand
- To see the accompanying LCG section, click the title of the course. A second box will
appear with a lengthy menu on the left-hand side. Select “Corequisites” towards the
middle of the menu, and the specific LCG information for this FYE section will appear.
GETTING REGISTERED FOR YOUR CHOSEN FYE AND LCG COURSES:
To register for your FYE course, you must add both the FYE and its corresponding LCG to your schedule at the same time, or you will receive a co-requisite error. We recommend the following method:
- Find the CRN numbers for the FYE course and corresponding LCG section on the Fall 2021 FYE course list or on the “Look Up Classes” tool mentioned above.
- Go to the main Add or Drop Classes page on Raiderlink (MyTech tab/Mange My Enrollment/Registration/Add or Drop Classes).
3. Choose the "Register for Classes" option on the right-hand side of the next page.
4. Select the term (e.g. “Fall 2021 TTU”) for which you wish to add classes from the drop-down menu.
5. Select the "Enter CRNs" tab in the top left-hand corner of the page.
6. Enter the CRN for the FYE course you would like to take.
7. Click the "Add Another CRN" link below the first box, and an additional box will appear.
8. Now enter the CRN for the LCG section associated with your chosen FYE course.
9. If your FYE course has a lab, click “Add Another CRN” again and enter the CRN for the lab.
10. Click the "Add to Summary" button, and your schedule worksheet, below, should illustrate where these new courses fit in your weekly schedule.
Also, your registration summary, to the right of the schedule worksheet, will show that your registration for these courses is pending.
11. Important! You must click the "Submit" button on the bottom right-hand corner of the page in order to actually register for your illustrated classes!
If there are no registration errors (time conflicts with other courses, prerequisites not taken, incorrect CRN matching, etc.), both your FYE and LCG classes should be successfully added to your schedule, and you will see a green message box at the top right corner of your screen telling you that the changes have been saved. You are registered!
If there are any obstacles to your registration for your FYE courses, you will see an error message box at the top right corner of your screen. If you're not sure how to resolve the error(s), please screen shot the text box and include it in an email to an Honors advisor, along with your R#, so that we can help you diagnose and correct your issue. Keep in mind that often, an error with one course will cause errors with others, as seen below, and these problems are usually not as difficult to resolve as it may seem.
Remember that enrolling in one FYE and its attached LCG is MANDATORY for all incoming Honors first year. If you are not registered for an FYE when you leave your RRO session, you will receive an email from an Honors advisor reminding you to take care of this important step. Also, keep in mind that our FYE courses are filled on a first-come, first-served basis throughout the summer, and the longer you wait to enroll, the fewer course choices you may have.
GETTING REGISTERED FOR ALL COURSES AND USING SCHEDULE BUILDER TOOL
Most students utilize the Visual Schedule Builder tool to help them view course options and schedule courses for the upcoming semester. (Find the Schedule Builder tool at MyTech/Manage My Enrollment/Registration/Schedule Builder.)
1. First, you must choose the term (semester) for which you are planning to schedule courses and register. Only the immediately upcoming semester(s) may be selected.
2. The default selection is “All TTU Campuses,” but if you wish to search for only face-to-face format courses at the TTU Lubbock campus, or only for online course options, you can change your preferred campus selections.
3. Type the first course you wish to add to your schedule into the “Select Course” text box (e.g. PHIL 2330). As you type, the system will begin to populate options that match those letters, and will display the course options it finds in the pop-up menu.
4. Continue inputting all of the courses you plan to take in the text box. As you find and select them, they'll appear below. Any course for which you are already registered will appear in your course list also, with a blue button reminding you that you're enrolled.
5. You'll notice that there are probably hundreds, if not thousands, of possible schedules incorporating the courses you've listed. Also note that courses which have online options (if you have selected “Distance Electronic TTU” as a campus possibility) will not appear blocked in on your weekly schedule worksheet since they don't have a face-to-face meeting time. Distance courses are differentiated by section numbers beginning with ‘D.'
6. You can decrease the number of schedules generated by de-selecting some of the options in the list on the top right hand of the page. Also, you can select “Show Only Honors Schedules,” which will ensure that at least one of the courses in your list will be an Honors section. (However, please note that if two or more of your chosen classes are offered as Honors FYE courses, Schedule Builder may include both; but students are only permitted to enroll in one FYE course in their first fall semester.)
7. If you want to lock in a specific section of one of your courses (the FYE section, for example), you can select that section from the drop-down menu next to each course in the list. You'll notice that a push pin appears on that course in the schedule worksheet, showing that it's a specific section, pinned down in that time slot.
8. Remember that you'll need to manually block off the time for your FYE's attached LCG section by clicking on the time slot during which the LCG is held. When a time slot is blocked off, it's shown in gray. You can also block off time that you wish to reserve for other activities (work, research, lunch, etc.).
9. Now that you've arranged your preferred schedule and are ready to register for these courses, copy the CRN numbers for the course sections you've chosen down at the bottom of the page, below your course list.
- When you have found a schedule you like, you can save it for future reference by clicking “Add to Favorites” to the top left of the schedule worksheet.
- You can also send it to your advisor or yourself by clicking “Create Share Link.”
10. Now you're ready to follow the instructions provided above to register for your selected classes.
11. If you encounter any difficulties or registration errors in the process of attempting to register, your Honors advisors are happy to help you diagnose and resolve your problems. In order to receive help from an Honors advisor: either copy the exact text of all error messages received, or screen shot them and send them in an email to Honors@ttu.edu. Please make sure to include your R-number in your email!
REGISTERING FOR NON-F.Y.E./STANDARD HONORS COURSE OPTIONS
Please note: Raiderlink may not accurately reflect how many seats are actually available in a given Honors course. Because we keep our enrollment records in-house for selected, high-demand Honors sections, our courses are often shown as having availability although they are full and may have lengthy waitlists. The Honors College Fall 2021 Course Offerings booklet is likely to have the most up-to-date representation of what courses are available at any given time and lists all the non-FYE/standard Honors sections offered during the fall.
In the booklet, you'll notice that some Honors sections have a “Permit Request Required” notation and others have a “No Permit Request Required” notation. (Side note: any Honors section in red font in the booklet signifies that the course has filled.)
- For the Honors sections with a “No Permit Request Required” notation:
Assuming the course has not yet filled, you should be able to simply enroll in this Honors section once your registration opens on Raiderland to your scheduled RRO Advising & Registration session.
- For any Honors section with a “Permit Request Required” notation:
Prior to attempting to register for one of these selected, high demand Honors sections, you will first need to request permission from the Honors College to enroll. Raiderlink will not allow you to register for any of the permit-required Honors sections without having first received a permit from an Honors advisor.
If you would indeed like to be considered for a permit to enroll in one (or more) of the selected, high-demand Honors sections – again, in the booklet have a “Permit Request Required” note – you will first need to submit the online Honors RRO Permit Request Form.
Please note: an incoming first-year Honors student would need to successfully submit the online PRF prior to three business-days before their designated RRO Advising & Registration session, should they like to potentially receive a permit to enroll in any permit-required non-FYE/standard Honors course(s) in Fall 2021.
Prior to accessing, completing and submitting the online Honors RRO Permit Request Form, please be aware of the following:
- You must first devise a complete tentative Fall 2021 course schedule prior to submitting a request for a permit to enroll in
any permit-required Honors section. This step is needed because we need to ensure
your weekly course schedule in the fall will fit with the days/times of the chosen
high-demand Honors course. If need be, please access information from the academic
unit that houses your academic major – and/or consult your primary academic advisor
– to receive details and instructions from that department in order to put together
a complete tentative Fall 2021 course schedule.
- In addition to the details provided on the Honors RRO webpages, all incoming first-year Honors students can expect to receive, prior to their designated RRO Advising & Registration session, an email with information and instructions to request a permit for any non-FYE/standard Honors course(s) they would like to enroll.
- The aforementioned email will contain a link to an online Honors RRO Permit Request Form (PRF) along with details instructions. An incoming first-year Honors student would need
to successfully submit the online PRF prior to three business-days before their designated RRO Advising & Registration session,
should they like to potentially receive a permit to enroll in any permit-required
non-FYE/standard Honors course(s) in Fall 2021.
- You can expect to be notified about the non-FYE/standard Honors course(s) in which
you requested a permit by your designated RRO Advising & Registration session. You
will either be issued a permit to enroll in the requested permit-required non-FYE/standard
Honors course -or- (if a section is already filled) your name will be placed on the
waitlist of that section, which is managed internally and thoroughly by the Honors
- During your designated RRO Advising & Registration session, you may register for the
non-FYE/standard Honors course(s) for which you received a permit (and/or any Honors
section that does not require a permit and still have open seats) as you would any
other course. If your requested course has a lab and/or discussion section, you must
register for those sections concurrently with the course itself. By way of reminder:
within your Fall 2021 course schedule, you would also make sure you enroll in one
Honors FYE section as well as its linked LCG section.
- IF YOU ARE PLACED ON A WAITLIST for a permit-required Honors section in Fall 2021: check your TTU email daily throughout the summer. We will send you notification if space becomes available for you, and you will need to send a response to our email confirming your acceptance of the offered seat within two days of receiving our notification, so please check your TTU email daily.
- You must first devise a complete tentative Fall 2021 course schedule prior to submitting a request for a permit to enroll in any permit-required Honors section. This step is needed because we need to ensure your weekly course schedule in the fall will fit with the days/times of the chosen high-demand Honors course. If need be, please access information from the academic unit that houses your academic major – and/or consult your primary academic advisor – to receive details and instructions from that department in order to put together a complete tentative Fall 2021 course schedule.