Students need to be moved out of their room 24 hours after their last final exam OR by Wednesday, May 11th, 2022 , whichever comes first.
Your CA will hold a floor meeting in late April and cover info regarding the move-out process. Be sure to attend this meeting as the information covered is very important to ensure a proper move-out. If you cannot attend the floor meeting, follow up with your CA about the information you missed.
- The Last Day of Classes is Wednesday, December 1st, 2021
- Individual Study Day is Thursday, December 2nd, 2021
24-hour quiet hours and study spaces will begin at 10 pm on TBD , and will continue throughout the rest of the semester. Other than your hall, additional study spaces.
- Pack your belongings early. If you can, start taking your possessions home during weekends.
- Clean your room thoroughly to avoid being charged for cleaning. Make your room look like it is "Move-In" ready.
- Leave all furniture and items that belong to Texas Tech University in the room.
- For all movable furniture rooms, place bed height in the 6th position.
- Attend your floor/courtyard closing meeting to make sure you are aware of checkout procedures.
- Fill out the Update Your Mailing Address form.
- Check your mailbox for mail and packages before you leave.
- Re-check your closet and all drawers for anything left behind.
- Retrieve an Express Checkout Envelope from the front desk. Fill out the front completely. Place your room key in the envelope and seal it. Place the sealed envelope in the Express Checkout Box located near your hall's front desk.
- Check your Raiderlink account three or four weeks after move out for any charges you may have incurred and pay for any items you know you are responsible for to avoid having a hold placed on your account. If you would like to appeal or learn more about a charge on your account, fill out the Appeal a Move Out Charge form.
- For questions about leftover dining dollars, visit the Hospitality Services website.
- Leaving without checking out and leaving your room key in your room will result in an improper checkout charge and potentially a lock change.
- Leaving items in your car overnight because this is a high break-in time.
- Leaving items sitting in the hallway for long periods of time is a fire hazard and increases the chance of theft.
- Leaving leave your belongings unattended while moving them from your room to your car.
Due to COVID-19, residents will be required to dispose of their trash in designated dumpsters located outside their residence hall. Chitwood, Weymouth, and Coleman residents may dispose of their trash in the available trash chutes on their floor.
- Charges from move out will be posted within two weeks after move out to the student's Raiderlink account. Students will not receive notification if billed. It is their responsibility to check their account even after leaving TTU. Charges from move out will be noted as "Lock change/damage charges" on their account.
- Rooms must be clean at the time of checkout. Free cleaning buckets and supplies are available at the front desk of each hall.
- If a student feels a charge is not appropriate, they must appeal the damage charge within 30 days of it being posted on their account. All appeals must be submitted using the online form within 30 days from the billing date.
|Broken Light Fixture||$40 - $80|
|Repainting Wall Spots/Walls/Room||$40 - $700|
|Failing to Checkout with the CA||$50|
|Losing or Not Returning a Key||$50 Per Door|
|Leaving Trash in the Hallway||$50|
|Abandoned or Unremoved Property||$50|
|Cleaning for Dirty Room/Suite/Apartment||Starting at $75|
|Replacement of Missing Desk Chair||$80|
If you would like to appeal or learn more about a charge on your account, fill out the Appeal a Move Out Charge form.
Residents who are graduating on Friday, December 10th, or Saturday, December 11th, 2021 will need to complete a Stay Late Request form. Graduating Seniors who have been approved to stay late will need to check out of their space by 10 am on Sunday, December 12th, 2021.
Information regarding your individual move will be coming from the Hall staff in your current building. Please note information will be communicated as soon as it is available regarding your move via phone call and your TTU email account. Students should not attempt to move into their new room until instructed to do so by Hall staff.
Requests to stay beyond the residence hall closing date and time must be submitted by TBD , at 5 pm. Because the residence halls must be prepared for summer conferences, summer school, and various renovation projects, very few requests to stay late will be granted. Please note Contract Extension Requests will only be approved for the following:
- Graduating Seniors
- Residents assigned to West Village or Honors for Summer School during the Summer I session
- Residents who are employed for the summer by University Student Housing
Examples of Contract Extension Requests that will not be approved:
- Flight booked later than TBD at 10:00 am
- Friend or relative graduating or participating in commencement
- The lease does not begin until TBD
The last day for mail and package delivery for any non-summer residents will be TBD . Please do not have packages delivered after this date as they will not be available for you. Be sure to check for any packages and/or mail prior to checking out. Please take a moment to complete the following information for mail forwarding, as any mail received will be returned to the sender if a Mail Forwarding Form is not completed.
If you do not wish to take your bicycle with you, Transportation & Parking Services will take your donated bicycle in the Bikes for Cites program! You will receive one dismissed citation in exchange for your donated bicycle (specific citations excluded—see website).
- Drop off your bicycle at Transportation & Parking Services
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule a pick-up from your residence hall or on-campus location
Please make arrangements to transport your bike with you. Unfortunately, bikes cannot be stored for the summer using the bike racks on campus as these racks need to be available for use in the summer.
Personal belongings left in your room after you have vacated are abandoned property. These items will be inventoried, labeled, boxed up, and stored by University Student Housing and you will be charged $50.00 for this process. Abandoned items are kept for 30 days after students have moved out. University Student Housing Staff will send a letter to your TTU email account and your permanent mailing address to notify you to collect these items. Once you have been contacted, you can make an appointment to retrieve your belongings Monday - Friday between 7:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
- Attend the mandatory floor meeting in the last week of April. All residents will receive information about the checkout process and have the opportunity to ask questions related to closing.
- Check with your Community Advisor or Front Office if you have any questions about the check-out process
- Clean the common space and room thoroughly to avoid being charged for cleaning. Each
roommate is responsible for the cleanliness of shared areas.
- Make the room looks "move-in" ready. This means the floor must be swept, drawers cleaned out, sinks cleaned, and surfaces wiped down. There should not be trash, dust, or dirt present in the room at the time of check out.
- All of your belongings must be removed from your space prior to checkout out. If you brought it here, you need to take it with you.
- Take out all trash to the dumpster.
- Be mindful that larger items may jam in the trash chutes and should be taken outside if it is too large.
- Please do not leave trash in hallways as this creates a fire hazard and makes hallways difficult to navigate.
- Close blinds and lock windows.
- There should be nothing left in the room except the furniture items that belong to University Student Housing. All belongings must be out of the room and should be in a vehicle outside of the building.
- A cleaning bucket will be available to check-out and use at the front desk of your hall.
- All furniture provided by University Student Housing should remain in your space. If it is not present at the time of your checkout or if it has been damaged, you will be charged for the items.
- Update your forwarding address.
- You need to go to the hall office to ensure you check your mailbox a final time as well as collect any packages which may be waiting for you in the hall office.
- When you are ready to leave, retrieve an Express Checkout Envelope from the hall desk. Fill out the front of the envelope completely. Place your room key in the envelope and seal it. Place the sealed envelope in the Express Checkout Box located near your hall's front desk.
- An improper check-out may result in additional charges.